PDA

View Full Version : PokerNow - first 2000 hands in NL 50 - opinions needed?

BlueBear
11-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I am now playing at pokernow (a party skin) trying to grow a new bankroll there. I feel that I have had a horrible run, one of the worst I ever had.

My first 2188 hands shows a measly profit of $24.01! 1.10 BB per 100 hands. (VPIP=27.74%, PFR=10.6%)

I know this a few hands but how disastrous is this anyway? I thought that in NL games I should achieve my long run win rate fairly quickly.

fimbulwinter
11-17-2004, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am now playing at pokernow (a party skin) trying to grow a new bankroll there. I feel that I have had a horrible run, one of the worst I ever had.

My first 2188 hands shows a measly profit of $24.01! 1.10 BB per 100 hands. (VPIP=27.74%, PFR=10.6%)

I know this a few hands but how disastrous is this anyway? I thought that in NL games I should achieve my long run win rate fairly quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, first off, straight from the "small sample size black sheep" of the SSNL forum:

2K hands doesnt really mean much. you could be running cold, you could be playing badly, but i'd guess the former.

that said,
the 50NL full game is pretty rocky, from what i remember. there are much better games on the party network to build a BR on. if you're playing full ring, i'd say you're a bit loose; if it's 6max, you're fine.

fim

11-17-2004, 03:26 AM
40 hours (one table comparable) and breaking even is no big news even at no-limit holdem. 27% (and 10%) might be too loose; depending of when and (from) where you are playing them.

BlueBear
11-17-2004, 03:27 AM
sorry, I forgot to mention I was referring to 6-max tables.

soah
11-17-2004, 03:39 AM
Have there been many hands where you got all your money in with the best hand and been sucked out on? (ie, you were a 70% favorite or better when the money went in) Against poor players you can have a number of those hands occur in a relatively short period of time and if the cards don't fall for you then you simply will not turn a profit over that time frame.

On the other hand, if you've been putting a lot of money in pots with the worst hand (or investing heavily before folding) then you may need to re-examine your game.

If in doubt, just tighten up (not to be confused with becoming more passive) some early in the hand (preflop and flop). Forget about implied odds and bluffing and just focus on getting money in the pot when you have the best hand. You can make a lot of money in these games just by getting paid off on good hands. Once you're comfortable with that you can work on getting value out of marginal hands.