PDA

View Full Version : "Saw"

Malone Brown
11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Anyone seen this movie yet? Watched it last night, have to say it's probably the freakiest movie I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. Oppinions?

ilya
11-16-2004, 09:57 PM
I thought the scenarious were inventive and the supporting cast was good but the two leads were horrible (especially the guy who played the doctor. Cary Elwes or something like that?). I also really didn't like the spastic editing in the flashbacks. On the whole I'd give it maybe a 5/10?

Alobar
11-17-2004, 02:24 AM
I liked it. The acting was horrible, and that's an understatement. The cool plot and the creepyness of it made up for it though. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes that type of movie.

The coolest thing though was the previews before the movie. One for "Ring Two" and another one for Rob Zombies new movie. Kickass

nothumb
11-17-2004, 02:30 AM
I watched "Saw," "The Grudge," and "The Ring" all in the same week.

'Saw' has a great plot, good scenarios, really twisted. Probably the least scary of the three as it is more freakish and disturbing and less about creepy scenes or surprises. Know what I mean? Like, you don't jump out of your seat, you are just kind of pushed back in it going, "That's really horrible. Aggh! That's so [censored] up." Plot twists in Saw are way better than the other two.

"The Grudge" surprised me in that it was PG-13. It had some definite gore in it but no sex so I guess it's suitable for a 7th grader. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

It was actually pretty scary. I thought it was good.

"The Ring" had Naomi Watts, so I was having a hard time being scared because I was so busy ejaculating. However, it had an interesting thriller/mystery plot, and some pretty good plot twists, but wasn't that scary either. This movie actually deserved the PG-13 rating. However, it was still creepy and I enjoyed it a lot. Powerful without being totally terrifying.

I would say a horror movie fan should see all three. If I had to say favorites, I would say Saw, The Ring, The Grudge in that order. But they are all decent.

NT

ArchAngel71857
11-17-2004, 10:04 AM
another one for Rob Zombies new movie. Kickass

You should be shot.

Unless it's a joke, then it's really funny.

-AA

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The Ring" had Naomi Watts, so I was having a hard time being scared because I was so busy ejaculating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly cannot believe that a healthy heterosexual male could have this reaction to Naomi Watts, particularly in The Ring.

Is it the bad dye job? The slim hips? The nothing-special breastesses?

Or maybe it's just that Entertainment Tonight tells us that she is "hot," sort of like Sarah Michelle Gellar (horsefacey), Meg Ryan (10-yr-old boy body, rictus mouth), or Julia Roberts (two gigantic scarlet slugs for lips, eyes buggin out).

The emperor is still naked, regardless of what ET tells us.

Alobar
11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
another one for Rob Zombies new movie. Kickass

You should be shot.

Unless it's a joke, then it's really funny.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even. Rob Zombies first movie was the [censored]

Alobar
11-17-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Or maybe it's just that Entertainment Tonight tells us that she is "hot," sort of like Sarah Michelle Gellar (horsefacey), Meg Ryan (10-yr-old boy body, rictus mouth), or Julia Roberts (two gigantic scarlet slugs for lips, eyes buggin out).

The emperor is still naked, regardless of what ET tells us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naomi watts is hot. But I guess if you don't like attractive blond girls with nice bodies thats fine too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sarah Michelle gellar is very fuckable (the grudge sucked ass tho). I'll give you Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts tho, they are both ugly In my book.

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Naomi watts is hot. But I guess if you don't like attractive blond girls with nice bodies thats fine too

Sarah Michelle gellar is very fuckable (the grudge sucked ass tho). I'll give you Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts tho, they are both ugly In my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love attractive blonde girls with great bodies. I just don't see that when I look at Naomi Watts.

F#*kable? Of course Sarah Michelle Gellar is f%*kable. Absolutely. But she's no more f*@kable than the girl who lives a few doors down from me, and I don't get all in a twist over her, I just think she's sort of f*#kable.

Thanks for agreeing that Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts are hideous freaks. It means a lot to me, because sometimes I think I might be a homosexual, what with all of the hot celebrity-types who just don't do it for me.

My goodness, I hope that I am not a homosexual, even though the television machine tells me pretty clearly that this would be an improvement.

Alobar
11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
You ever notice that it's only women that go on and on about how good looking julia roberts and meg ryan are? I hardly ever hear some dude say, "damn meg ryan is a [censored] hottie!!".

I think you are more likely to be gay if you actually think those two are hot.

ilya
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"The Ring" had Naomi Watts, so I was having a hard time being scared because I was so busy ejaculating. However, it had an interesting thriller/mystery plot, and some pretty good plot twists, but wasn't that scary either. This movie actually deserved the PG-13 rating. However, it was still creepy and I enjoyed it a lot. Powerful without being totally terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you didn't think the scene where the () crawls out of the () was scary? I thought that was freaky as s.hit. And the whole reverse back-jointed moonwalk thing? Creepiest thing ever. Although I guess it's a sort of J-horror staple...or a fad anyhow.

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You ever notice that it's only women that go on and on about how good looking julia roberts and meg ryan are? I hardly ever hear some dude say, "damn meg ryan is a [censored] hottie!!".

I think you are more likely to be gay if you actually think those two are hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Substitute gorgeous or beautiful for hot, and you've hit it right on the head.

cjromero
11-17-2004, 03:15 PM
I am with you on Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts. Ever since she got lip injections, Meg Ryan looks a whole lot like Jack Nicholson's Joker in the first Batman movie.

And Julia Roberts' mouth is less attractive than any major film actress in recent memory. Total horse.

astroglide
11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
are you kidding?

http://www.kinoweb.de/film2001/DrowningMona/pix/dm4.jpg

it gets much worse than julia roberts

NJchick
11-17-2004, 04:49 PM
OK -

From a woman's perspective. (that being me)

Meg Ryan was *cute* back in the 80s. With the amount of plastic surgery she has done to her face -- she's distored he looks. Last *cute* movie she was in was You Got Mail. Its all been downhill from there. She must get rid of those collegen-injected lips.

Totally agree about Julia Roberts. Never found an ounce of attractiveness about her. She's bowlegged, has a terrible mouth and to me she looks goofy. She was in one of my favorite movies (Ocean's Eleven) and I can think of a dozen other actresses who could have done a better job.

Never EVER understood why she graced the covers of all my fashion magazines. She's just fugly.

Oh well.

Naomi Watts...No comment. Adds no value to the big screen IMHO.

Sarah Michelle Geller - Liked her in cruel intentions when she was a Brunette. As a blonde, just put her in the same category with all the other B-grade actresses.

Most Underrated / Underexposed Actress Eliza Dushku. Now there's someone who is just plain beautiful and talented.

njc

Alobar
11-17-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Most Underrated / Underexposed Actress Eliza Dushku. Now there's someone who is just plain beautiful and talented.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've got great taste in women! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JS0085
11-18-2004, 12:10 AM
I was never a big Meg Ryan fan. However, her performance in the movie "In the Cut" completely changed my opinions of her. She left me begging for more in that movie.

nothumb
11-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Actually, I have liked Naomi Watts ever since Tank Girl... I pretty much can't get the image out of my head of her as a submissive English brunette turned guerilla fighter pilot.

I don't have cable, so ET doesn't really influence my decisions. I do agree, however, that I don't much like her as a blonde. However she has a much more interesting face than most and is willing to do all sorts of different roles, which I like.

SMG does look like a horse and I've never understood what people see in her.

NT

astroglide
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
i liked her since mulholland drive. and her dad was the tour manager for pink floyd, so she's got crazy genes.

Ulysses
11-21-2004, 12:32 AM
I just saw it and thought Saw was terrible.