PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my preflopplay.

Trix
11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi all.

Running bad lately, so would like to not have to worry about my preflop baseline beeing totally off.

Think I´ll split it up in two parts, with first one beeing my openraising and limping standards and the second beeing the defending standards.
I think I have changed this around 20 times now, loosening up some, tightening up some, but probably never played enough hands to see the effect of it, so I´m looking to end up with something now I can stick with for 20K hands or whatever and see how it works rather than adding and removing some hands on daily basis without really knowing if it´s a good change or not.

(hands behind the "|" are 3bets vs that pos)
UTG: 88 AJ KQ A9s KJs |99 AQ AJs KQs
MP: 77 AJ KQ A8s KTs QJs |77 AQ AJs KQs
CO: 66 A9 QJ Axs K9s QTs JTs |66 AT KJ A9s KTs QJs(on BTN)
BTN: 55 A5 QT Axs Kxs Q8s J9s T9s
SB: 22 A3 K7 Q9 JT Axs K5s Q8s J9s T9s

This is what the most recents table looks like. I have openraise suited stuff much more most of the time I think. T9s UTG, 65s on the Button, T8s in CO and so, but think I may have been overvaluing it. Have also been looser with pairs and offsuits. Had AT/KJ UTG at some point. JT in CO. T9 on button.

Lagged it up alot after the last post about my vpip/pfr, but lost a bunch so tightened up some again. Might have overdone it though.

I´m raising 77 AT KJ A8s K9s QJs after one limper in the CO. Sometimes I overlimp with 66/55, JTs/T9s.
On the button it´s 66 A9 KT QJ A7s K8s QTs JTs, sometimes limping weaker hands, should I stop limping after one limper ?

Against two limpers I raise 88 AT KJ A9s KTs QJs in either spot. AT/KJ too loose?

Think that was it with the raising outside of the blinds.

Now my defends:
Against one limper I limp 22 A8 KT QJ Axs K9s Q9s J9s T9s in the SB, Raise 77 AT A8s or better.

Against a steal I 3bet 66 AT KJ QJ A7s QTs JTs T9s from the SB. Probably fold some of them against the more loose or passive guys if they are CO.

Defending the BB:
vs:
UTG: 22 AJ KQ A7s KTs QTs JTs T9s |TT AQ AJs KQs(?)
MP: 22 AT KJ QJ A7s K9s Q9s J9s T9s |99 AQ AJs KQs
CO: 22 A8 J9+ Axs Kxs Q9s J9s 98s |88 AJ KQ ATs QJs
BTN: 22 Ax T9+ Axs Kxs Qxs 64s+ 54s+|77 AT KJ A9s QJs
SB: 22 Ax K8 Q9 J9 T9 98 Axs Kxs Qxs J8s 76s 75s|77 AQ AJs KQs

Against a stealraise and a coldcall(by button or SB) its:
22 A9 KT QT JT Axs Kxs Q8s J8s 54s 64s and 3betting 99 AQ AJs and KQs.

Against a steal and a 3bet I call 88 AQ AJs KQs and 3bet JJ AK and AQs.

Against SB openlimps I raise: 44 A9 KT QJ Axs Kxs Q8s J9s T9s.

Any help, comments or questions will be very appreciated.

Thanks
-Trix

Fnord
11-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Hows your blind play?

One of the problems I ran into after an initial 250BB run was that I was running into more tough tables where I had to run a HU blind defense and did really bad.

J.R.
11-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Maybe this is too obvious, but if you data mine, your should have enough information a sufficient number of oppoenents to render this kina chart somewhat obolete. The chart is abaseline, but who is riaisng should matter more, IMO. One thing I did was run some sims with pokerstove and try to fine baselines with respect to how hands play against a likely range of hands, assuming the pfr raises 5%, 0%, 15%, 20%, etc. This really helped me get a feel for how to play in these spots. I also use an auto-export icon that roughly catageroizes the postflop tenaciousness and i lean on that stat as well aggression.

But I also play 6-max because I hate abc poker, so I'm no chart fan to begin with.

Guido
11-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi Trix,

I think you can add a few more hands that you raise with everywhere. 3-betting depends a lot on the PFR% of the raiser. I sometimes 3-bet with KQo or ATo when the PFR% is over 20%.

I like suited cards when the pot is multiway and I defend with them. I wouldn't play T9s UTG if the table wasn't very passive preflop. I want good odds to play them. I think you should raise more paint cards like ATo, KJo, KTo, QJo.

[ QUOTE ]
I´m raising 77 AT KJ A8s K9s QJs after one limper in the CO. Sometimes I overlimp with 66/55, JTs/T9s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems about right.

[ QUOTE ]
On the button it´s 66 A9 KT QJ A7s K8s QTs JTs

[/ QUOTE ]
Think this is ok.

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes limping weaker hands, should I stop limping after one limper ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I limp with worse hands too, I like the button /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Against two limpers I raise 88 AT KJ A9s KTs QJs in either spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good

[ QUOTE ]
AT/KJ too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]
No

[ QUOTE ]
Against one limper I limp 22 A8 KT QJ Axs K9s Q9s J9s T9s in the SB, Raise 77 AT A8s or better

[/ QUOTE ]
I complete A2o+, K8o+, Q8o+, J9o+, T9o+, 98o+, K2s+, Q5s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s. This does depend on how well my opponents play postflop.

I guess I complete more but I'm learning too.

I 3-bet less than you do. I don't 3-bet QTs, JTs, T9s, QJo...

In the BB I defend with a lot of off suited crap when the CO or button raises. I defend with hands like T8o, 78o, J9o...

Just add some hands everywhere and maybe 3-bet a little less. Remember preflop isn't the most important part of your game and I know you play well postflop so add some hands.

Guido