PDA

View Full Version : KJo in the SB flops the nuts..checkup

sin808
11-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Half the table is new, and I haven't played with them before. MP player I've been playing with for about an hour, he's playing any two suited, doesn't raise anything pf. Every table I'm at has been killing me tonite, flush over flush, FH over FH, etc etc. They just call call call, letting me bet their hands. I'm down about 75BB and probably tilting a bit at this point. <Insert obligatory I can't beat these bad players whine here>

Party 1/6 6max

I'm in the SB and get K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, I raise, BB folds, everyone calls

Flop is
9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, UTG bets, call, call, I raise, UTG 3 bets, all call back to me and I cap- all call

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, all call

River Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
pairing the board and putting a 3 flush on the board- so no more nuts..
I bet, all call

19BB in the pot

standard? after all that last night I just need a checkup.

Alobar
11-16-2004, 07:05 PM
I don't like the pre flop raise.

I might not cap this flop and go for the turn checkraise instead. You've got the perfect position to trap everyone between you and UTG if a scare card doesn't come off

NYGmen56
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
I agree will Alobar 100%. Even though there are two to a flush on the board, no one is going to fold your hands b/c of a preflop raise but they will no act as aggressivly on the turn and river.

I would slowplay this and trap every one of those lame fish.

sin808
11-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Would've been nice to have played out that way...unfortunately MP turned over 36 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the runner runner flush. This particular table caught me off guard, I'm not used to people not betting their big hands at all.

After this (and one other like it) I slowed down. Ended up catching them alot more when I did that. I'm so used to micros where in alot of cases it's not correct to slowplay. Obviously still have alot of kinks to work out in my SH game. I do think I'm going to take a break from it (or cut back to 1 table) for a little bit though and spend some more time studying up on SH strategy. And let my BR grow a little more playing full games until I can endure the swings better. Once I get up around 500BB I'll probably jump back into it with both feet and hopefully that'll work out better. I really need to adjust my play quicker than I did last night though when the tables are like that.