PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to 1/2 6-max

illunious
11-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Sorry if this has been covered a million times before.

1. What is a good range for VPIP and PFR?

2. I'm having a really hard time loosening up preflop and betting my marginal (but good in a SH situation) flops. I suppose this is a common problem for anyone giving 6-max a shot after a long time playing 10-handed. I've found drinking a couple beers helps /images/graemlins/smile.gif Any other suggestions? I know I should just play like the first 4 people folded, but I think that part of my game is weak.

lu_hawk
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
1) I'm around 24% VPIP 15% PFR.

2) Don't know what to say besides that you will get a better feel as you get more experience.

illunious
11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what to say besides that you will get a better feel as you get more experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quick response. I found myself literally shaking after my first 500 hands, it's such a different game! I haven't felt like this since my first time playing B&M.

My VPIP/PFR is 10/20 right now.

I will definitely benefit from reviwing my hands in PT tonight, I think I am making some big mistakes.

Edit: What type of winrates are common for 2+2ers at these tables?

runa
11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Homework:
Nemesis' SH compendium (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1215269&fpa rt=1&PHPSESSID=)

lu_hawk
11-16-2004, 07:05 PM
If you're playing party 1/2 6 max then the game doesn't really change that much just because the players are so passive. They know to play more hands but they have no idea when to play them and how to play them. So you need to loosen up preflop and raise more but postflop your aggression doesn't need to be much different then aggression in a full ring game, simply because they are so passive.