PDA

View Full Version : KK hand

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Party 2/4. Opponent in this hand appears solid, maybe occaisionally leaning towards weak-tight.

I'm MP1 with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG & UTG+1 fold, UTG+2 limps, I raise, folded around, limper calls. (5.5 sb)

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I raise, he calls. (4.5 bb)

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I raise, he calls. (8.5 bb)

River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets..........

OK. Who starts to get suspicious here and just calls?

My action and results later.

MoreWineII
11-16-2004, 05:44 PM
I'd raise anyways, just so's I could say I beat down a triple stop n' go. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

brian0729
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I would call this river. This really looks like a boat to me and now he wants to three bet the river. I dont think a WT player comes at you like this with less than two pair. I think he has 22 or 33.

Im still thinking about the flop and turn raises. I dont think I like the flop raise on this board. I think I would want to call and then raise the turn. However getting three bet on the turn would suck so Im not sure about that. I may just call this down. Now who is the weak tight one. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

lu_hawk
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Does he have ATs-JTs or is he playing a flopped set in a wierd way? What to do on the river is player dependent but you say he may lean weak tight so I think you just call here. If you do raise the river do you call a 3-bet?

Joe Tall
11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
First, heads up, I just call the flop and raise the turn. However, getting him to bet into you again and again, is fantastic.

Go for the trifactor and raise it again so many of them have AT-JT in this situation.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
I raise the river and he 3-bets. I call figuring I have to have him beat better than one time in 10. This ain't the one time, though. He shows 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

c'est la vie.

twankerr
11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Yah he took quite an odd line with that hand. The constant stop n go smells of better than AT-JT. I actually might have put him on JJ/QQ/AA considering the way I've seen fish play those hands in a situation like this.

lil'
11-16-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't raise the river against a weak-tighty.

Joe Tall
11-16-2004, 08:18 PM
leaning towards weak-tight

I just re-read your post Kurn and saw that 'lil brought this point up and he's right. A weak-tighty, it's a call on the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-16-2004, 09:14 PM
My read that made me think he had WT tendencies was a play he made HU on the flop (T-high 2-flush) in an unraised pot. He bet out and then folded to a raise.

I kicked myself for not just calling on the river.

Joe Tall
11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I kicked myself for not just calling on the river.

I've been playing really amped up as of late in aggressive, bluffy, higher stakes games and think I raise this river versus those tricky ones, but I would have called the flop and raise the turn to slow them down in the first place.

Now that I think more about this hand, unless you can safely fold to a 3-bet, (funny thing is, with your read, you probably could have), you are in a win-one lose two situation once the board pairs.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sthief09
11-16-2004, 09:28 PM
no way are you good 1 in 10 against a weak tighty