PDA

View Full Version : KQo button

Fiddler
11-16-2004, 05:10 PM
1/2 6-max at Absolute.

A guy I have never seen before posts in MP. UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, CO folds, I raise on the button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, SB folds, BB and MP calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to MP who bets, I raise, BB folds and MP calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

MP bets and I call.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP bets and I call.

About the turn action (or lack thereof), I felt I should give him more credit for a flush since he posted and if I raised he might fold. Should I just call down in this situation to let him bluff? If that is what he is doing. How about a river raise? I might have done it except for the 9... feared a JT with a club.

DeezNutz3
11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I Like how you played this...I like your idea to raise the river but the 9 is a straight card. I still think there is a strong chance that you had the best hand...I see a pair and a mid to large club do this quite a bit with the increase in outs on the turn.

balkii
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
pop him again on the turn. he picked up a draw. he has Qx. he has 6x. he has a ton of hands that you are way ahead of that he will pay off 2 more bets with. he may even 3-bet with a worse legit hand, ie Q6 or some garbage.

Fiddler
11-17-2004, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pop him again on the turn. he picked up a draw. he has Qx. he has 6x. he has a ton of hands that you are way ahead of that he will pay off 2 more bets with. he may even 3-bet with a worse legit hand, ie Q6 or some garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should have popped him since he'll pay if he has a club. But in this hand he didn't, he showed KJo wihtout a club and MHIG.

NLSoldier
11-17-2004, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is right on. Pop him again.

kiddo
11-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Raise turn. If he was drawing and hit flush he would normally go for checkraise. Or if he is bluffing a lot and u think he will bet a bluff on river 2, call turn and raise river.

blubster
11-17-2004, 09:09 AM
I'd raise either the Turn or the River depending on how I was feeling.

blubster

Zele
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Raise the turn. Don't let him semi-bluff you scot-free.