PDA

View Full Version : TT in sb, montone flop

wuwei
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I don't have a great read on MP2. I know he's a little loose preflop (25%), and I know he raises a decent range of hands (PFR = 7%). As far as post flop play goes, I haven't seen him get out of line at all when I've been paying attention. The only noteworthy hand I remember was when he had AA against another player who had AA. Our villian here played his pair of aces much better than the other guy. And with that, onto the hand!

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP2 raises, 3 folds, Hero raises, bb folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP2 raises, Hero folds...

Thoughts?

BottlesOf
11-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Yikes, I don't fold that at all. What do others think?

Joe Tall
11-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Preflop: I don't always 3-bet out of position here, often I'll call unless I'm sure I can get the PFR heads up.

Flop: Getting 14:1, w/4th nut draw, I'm not folding the pot is too big and there is a slight chance you could have the best hand.

Peace,
Joe Tall

btspider
11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
on the flop, its unlikely that he has both your draw and your made hand beat.. but i'm not completely sure which line to take.

my initial thought is to check-raise the flop, get it heads-up and then call down if 3-bet (maybe dump the river if he bets it and you miss the flush).

with the bet and raise, i'd call it since a 3-bet for info probably won't help you narrow his hand. again, i'd probably check-call the turn since you can't really bet and fold to a raise.

slogger
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Interesting hand. I like the preflop 3-bet and the flop bet is almost automatic, but I don't think you can fold to the flop raise.

You're getting 14-to-1 on the call (likely 15-to-1 after UTG+1 calls), with a possible best hand, and a draw to the fourth nuts. I think you need to see the turn.

If it's a non-diamond undercard, and UTG+1 checks it to you, I think you should bet again, as you're unlikely to be raised again by AK or an overpair (though KK might pop you again), meaning you can probably fold to a raise given the increased possibility that you're drawing dead now.

If it's a diamond, you have an interesting decision, assuming UTG+1 checks it to you. I'd probably bet it as a default play (because I'd probably bet it even if I didn't have a diamond). Although there may be something to be said for checking it and if MP2 fires, you get to measure your decision against UTG+1's play.

wuwei
11-16-2004, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on the flop, its unlikely that he has both your draw and your made hand beat.. but i'm not completely sure which line to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the question. I figured he was either raising a big diamond or top pair, probably not both, but no idea which. I couldn't see him raising without one of those two. I was also leary of UTG tagging along.

I like the idea of a c/r on the flop better than leading it out. See if I can get things heads up, and I think a 3-bet here would be a stronger move than raising when I lead out.

But since I lead things out and got raised, I stopped to ponder what my outs were and what I wanted to see come on the turn. I couldn't come up with much other than two tens. I was out of position and looking at paying 2.5 more big bets to get to the river, and I was having trouble coming up with a % of the time I think I win this pot. So I let it go...

I'm still not sure if I like it though. I've been in a bad downswing at 2/4, trying to tighten up. I'm sure that affected my decision here.

The river and the turn came non-/images/graemlins/diamond.gif rags, and UTG check/folded the river. I never got to find out what villian had /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks all for your thoughts.

twankerr
11-16-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm having trouble finding a hand that you have odds to beat by the river. The hands that I feel are most likely to raise that flop is something like KQo with the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or AJ/AQ with the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. With the preflop raise I don't think that you can hope he is holding one over/one under to your 10s. Two face cards with one diamond would be a disaster for you because even if he doesn't hit, he will be getting odds to beat you the whole way.

I would say that check-raising the flop would have made it easier to play this hand. You will most likely get UTG to bet and then you can go heads-up and call down to the river. Is anyone completely against check-calling the flop and raising the turn if a blank falls? My thinking is alot of people will raise a flush draw on the flop, but not on the turn.