PDA

View Full Version : TAJ JUICE!!!! YES!!!!

09-06-2001, 07:07 PM
Has anyone seen the preliminary Taj schedule for the USPC? 300-30, 500-40! 1,000-60! 4,000-100!! 7,500-100!!!!!! Is this a misprint on Pokerpages? I hope not. I plan on playing 3 events, and this is good news for poker. Foxwoods should be ashamed of itself for the outrageous entry fees they are charging.

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

09-07-2001, 11:18 AM
For the lousy structure they offer in their tourneys and satellites. I hated their events last year, as they give you very little play for your money. Hundreds of players entering a $500 event, and it's all over in 9-10 hours? Now that's shameful. At least Mike Ward at Foxwoods gives you some play, and it takes more than 2 bad beats at the first level to break you. That's all it took at the Taj, 2 bad beats in limit poker at the first level and you're broke or damn near.

And the satellites, ugh! NL HE satellite, first level, reasonable raise, reasonable reraise, and that's it, you're all-in. No room at any point for betting on all 4 rounds. Over with in 45 minutes for a $1000 satellite.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

09-08-2001, 02:07 PM
Ok, I haven't looked at the structure yet. I hope it's not the same as last year though.

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

09-08-2001, 05:48 PM
There was a petition at the Taj last year, signed by lots of players, intended to make the cardroom change the structure of the tournaments to the better. I seem to remember it did have a positive effect on the later tournaments (somebody help me out here). Maybe it could get better from the start this year? Anybody knows for sure?

The Balrog

09-09-2001, 03:50 PM
I don't know for sure. I'm playing next weekend, so I'll get all the details, and then post em here. I'm sure we'll get more play this year. With all the talk about juice around here, you have to admit that the TAJ fees are reasonable. I'm curious what Mason thinks.

that is all,

danny boy :o)