PDA

View Full Version : big hands in 3/6

Nick_Foxx
11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
sitting at a 3/6 table last nite when this large pot occurred... 3-handed at the river with each player holding a made hand

would anyone have played the draws differently or slowplayed the trips?

some notes of interest: player 7 draws to his flush on 5th st. despite an inordinate # (6) of his diamonds dead... makes his flush on 6th and smooth calls... 3-bets on river and is obligated to call on the end; player 5 raises with straight on the end and surprisingly must face 2 bets back to him and wisely folds

mike

Party Poker 3/6 (0.5 ante) Seven Card Stud High (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

3rd Street: (1.16 SB) <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Action: Seat 7 brings it in for $1, Seat 1 calls, Seat 2 folds, Seat 3 completes, Seat 4 folds, Seat 5 calls, Seat 6 folds, Seat 7 calls, Seat 1 calls.

4th Street: (5.16 SB) <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="CC3333">Action: Seat 3 double bets</font>, Seat 5 calls, Seat 7 calls, Seat 1 calls.

5th Street: (6.58 BB) <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="CC3333">Action: Seat 3 bets</font>, Seat 5 calls, Seat 7 calls, Seat 1 calls.

6th Street: (10.58 BB) <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="CC3333">Action: Seat 3 bets</font>, Seat 5 calls, Seat 7 calls, Seat 1 folds.

7th Street: (13.58 BB) <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Seat 3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Seat 5 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Seat 7 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Seat 3 caps</font>, Seat 5 folds, Seat 7 calls.

Final Pot: 23.58 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Seat 3 has Ac Qc Qh Qd 6d 2s Qs (four of a kind, queens).
Seat 7 has Ts Ad 4d Jd Ks 7d 3d (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Seat 3 wins 23.58 BB. </font>

Runner Runner
11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
The guy with trip Queens should double bet on 4th because he would double bet with just Queens and a 3 flush or Queens up in this spot. Checking would look pretty suspicious don't you think.

If I am any one of the drawing hands I get out when the Queen pairs his doorcard but this is Party 3/6 so I am not surprised that this bunch all chose to pay the $6 on 4th.

I have no idea why the flush didn't raise on 6th when he caught one of the few diamonds left, maybe he doesn't want to lose the straight draw. Doesn't make much sense to me though.

The Queens filling on 7th is what I would call Sweet Justice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnd192
11-16-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure why 7 was even in the pot as that seems to be a pretty weak starting hand.
I wouldn't play trips slow and would make these jokers pay to play and I'm glad he won.

jon_1van
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
calling the double bet on 4th with 3 diamonds is terrible, terrible and then calling after you catch a dud on 5th...thats even worse because you need running diamonds or one of the Qs...which appear to be in someoneelses hand

Chances are good that an obsevant opponent could count on a call from the flush guy if he was sitting on Trip Qs so he should probably bet it therefore I'd double bet it.

Also I vote for the double bet because people who are gonna fold or 6 bucks will probably fold for 3 bucks so you might as well put in the full bet.

patrick dicaprio
11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
one thing is for sure in a four way pot there is no reason to slowplay trips here and i rarely did it when i was playing low limit simply because no one cared wht you had. at 5-10 itis a different story and there were timew when you might slowplay but i dont think a large four way pot would ever be one of them.

pat

MVicuna
11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi,

Actually seat 7 *catches* a 4 flush on 6th. Thats why the smooth call.

Later,
MarkV.