PDA

View Full Version : Weak aspect of my game, need help

TreyOfLight
11-16-2004, 03:57 PM
I've been playing seriously for just a couple of months, and I'm mostly pleased with the development of my game. But, despite reading (and re-reading) Supersystem, SSHE, and several not deserving of mention, I have a nagging flaw in my game that is unaddressed by these otherwise fine books. It's costing me pots and keeping me out of the higher limits.

I hope you can help where the books have failed. Let's say you're in a $20 SNG with a short stack, 5xBB vs 20xBB average. The blinds are doubling next hand and you're dealt AJ suited in the cutoff. Others are playing weak-tight while waiting for your elimination.

In that situation, how would you assess which partially full pop bottle will hold the contents of your bladder? The half-full 2L looks like a lock, but often the increasing weight causes me to drop it. An empty 660mL lacks this problem but carries the risk of "boil over". Stuck in a spot where I have to make a move, it seems I make the wrong one every time.

This leak in my game is maddening. Advice is welcome. Please also advise if you feel this post would benefit from a poll.

joker122
11-16-2004, 06:46 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about in that third paragraph, but pushing in there seems like the obvious play.

aquifex harse
11-16-2004, 07:01 PM
The size of the bottle does not matter... as long as you get it all in!

fnord_too
11-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Pfft! Use a laptop if you have this problem. Just sit down to go so you can still play.

Also, isn't using the 1/2 full bottle wasting 1/2 a bottle of soda, or do you just "reclaim" your water along with the soda? (EWWWWWW! if you do.)

And of course another option is to google "chamber pots", they had this problem solved long before they even had indoor plumbing!

mikeyp
11-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Agreed man.

TreyOfLight
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
fnord wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
isn't using the 1/2 full bottle wasting 1/2 a bottle of soda

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was half full of soda.

joker wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
pushing in there seems like the obvious play.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Pushing in there" is exactly my problem.