PDA

View Full Version : Knocked out with AA, final 2 tables

09-06-2001, 01:56 PM
I bitched about my poor play in getting knocked out with 88's, earlier post. (Thank you for feedback).

Ironically, in the Tuesday night "limit" HE tourney at Garden City, survived 80% of field, and down to 2 tables again (100 entrants). I had T 1700 in chips with blinds 200/400. Mid position, I look down to find pocket AA's! Some bad Karma in me said to my subconcious "you will lose it all on this hand...".

Sure enough, I make it $800 to go, get raised by the button (a lucky maniac idiot), who makes it $1200. BB folds, I reraise to $1600, he reraises my last $100, I call, and I flip over my pocket Aces.

Final board. J,3,4,7,J rainbow. Button's hand that he was so proud of that he stood my raise and reraised me twice to all in? J,8 OFF!!!!! (Or should I say Jackoff!!!).

Damn! That pot would certainly have gotten me to final table in reasonable position, but such is poker. But Jack OFF for Gawds' sake against my raise? Sheeeeeit!

I sure hope I see that guy in my ring games!

09-07-2001, 04:12 AM
That's what I normally charge to listen to bad beat stories with no strategic content :-)

Andy.

09-07-2001, 05:04 PM
And to think that I...like ALL players...HATE bad beat stories!!!!

09-07-2001, 05:11 PM
Wait a sec Andy, I am rethinking this arrangement.

Maybe $10 per bad beat story is a pretty good deal! After all, typical shrinks and lawyers these days charge $300 an hour or so to listen in abject boredom to their clients tales of woe.

If I could save up all my best bad beat stories, embellish them with lots of detail about the moronic tendencies of my loose maniac opponents, and spend say, 10 excruciatingly boring minutes drawing out each and every story,....

I could have a captive "Bad beat" ear for all my whining, at the incredibly bargain price of only $60 bucks an hour!!!!!!!!

Be careful what kind of offers you make around here!

09-07-2001, 09:12 PM
Someone told me this with a straight face wanting my sympathy...

I cant remember any of it except...

".... and then the flop came... deuce, blank, blank"

LOL!

Cheers,

Keith

09-14-2001, 09:28 AM