PDA

View Full Version : Should all drugs be legilized?

radek2166
11-16-2004, 03:15 PM

astroglide
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
prescription drugs are legal

radek2166
11-16-2004, 04:16 PM
What I mean by that is should you be able to be able to buy them without a script.

Alobar
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I mean by that is should you be able to be able to buy them without a script.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a very bad idea.

Duke
11-16-2004, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For antibiotics? Yes. For anything that doesn't work based on diseases or whatever not adapting to it, well, it's silly not to be able to buy it.

Protecting people from themselves is retarded.

~D

wacki
11-16-2004, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For antibiotics? Yes. For anything that doesn't work based on diseases or whatever not adapting to it, well, it's silly not to be able to buy it.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. Controlling interferons and antibiotics protects the general public by preventing resistant strains.

Restrictions on all the other drugs are way too tight.

A_C_Slater
11-16-2004, 06:09 PM
The world could use more PCP addicts running around in the steets. Yes legalize everything that's a great idea. Some people are weak and need to be kept away from certain things. Not for their sake, but for the sake of the rest of society.

Danenania
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I think all drugs should be legal though many should be controlled. If a middle aged man wants to sacrifice his health for bursts of physical pleasure that's his own choice, but I don't think 10 year olds should be shooting up heroin at recess.

lu_hawk
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of drugs can be dangerous or deadly if they are mixed with the wrong drugs, taken in the wrong ways, etc. It is a very good thing that potentially dangerous drugs can only be prescribed by a doctor who knows about such things. I understand what you're saying about protecting people from themselves but you can't expect everybody to read all the latest research on different drugs.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
When people do drugs it makes them go crazy, run around in the streets, and kill people. Also, everyone that does drugs gets addicted. And all drugs are addictive. And you're stupid.

Cerril
11-16-2004, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people are weak and need to be kept away from certain things. Not for their sake, but for the sake of the rest of society.

[/ QUOTE ]Sure, but can you point out which ones? If so, we should institutionalize or jail them rather than keeping things from them - we should keep them from things.

For the rest of us, I don't much care.

Duke
11-16-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can't expect everybody to read all the latest research on different drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can expect them to pay homage and money to the AMA going to overpriced doctors who are less intelligent and in many cases less informed than a diligent individual concerned with his own health?

Any time someone is hurt by a law aimed at protecting an idiot I see injustice.

~D

radek2166
11-16-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When people do drugs it makes them go crazy, run around in the streets, and kill people. Also, everyone that does drugs gets addicted. And all drugs are addictive. And you're stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

DO you drink alcohol? Drink cafine. How bout tabaco?

I am askin because I DO NOT THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD SAY " Its OK to drink, But if you do coke your going to jail."

How many People die in alcohol related accidents every year?

Alobar
11-16-2004, 06:48 PM
It's not so much protecting them from themselves, it's they have no clue what the drugs do and shouldn't be allowed to self diagnose themselves based on the advertising the drug companies would flood at us if all prescription drugs were legal.

"oh hey, I think I'm depressed, I'm gunna go down to walgreens and pick up a bottle of prozac....hmmm...200mg sounds about right"

Lots of prescription drugs are very dangerous if the user isn't under the guidanceof someone who knows what he/she is doing. Some drugs can be used to treat different things based on what dossage. While 2mg might be used to treat one thing, 20mg might be used to treat something completely different. Many drugs have to be introduced to the system slowly and then when you need to get off of them, they have to be gradually taken away. Thats why docotors should be the ones to prescribe these drugs, because they are educated and deal with them on a daily basis.

radek2166
11-16-2004, 06:50 PM
BTW I also think they should legilize street drugs.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-16-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DO you drink alcohol? Drink cafine. How bout tabaco?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Yes. No.

[ QUOTE ]
I am askin because I DO NOT THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD SAY " Its OK to drink, But if you do coke your going to jail."

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither.

[ QUOTE ]
How many People die in alcohol related accidents every year?

[/ QUOTE ]

A bunch.

mmcd
11-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Good point. I think only presciption drugs that are relatively non-dangerous and those that have recreational value should be available OTC.

wacki
11-16-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When people do drugs it makes them go crazy, run around in the streets, and kill people. Also, everyone that does drugs gets addicted. And all drugs are addictive. And you're stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much wrong with this post it's not even funny.
And I don't care what you've read almost nobody loses their sense of right and wrong when they are on MDMA, mushrooms, weed, peyote, absynthe, 2CB and countless other drugs.

Not everyone gets addicted. Even with those people that do get addicted, a lot of them are able to easily walk away from the drug. This phenomenon has sparked much research and even fueled the developement of Bupropion(Zyban) and other dopamine regulators.

I would type more, but I have stuff to attend to.

I agree about keeping things regulated though, I just think a lot of the restrictions are way too tight.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-16-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much wrong with this post it's not even funny.
And I don't care what you've read almost nobody loses their sense of right and wrong when they are on MDMA, mushrooms, weed, peyote, absynthe, 2CB and countless other drugs.

Not everyone gets addicted. Even with those people that do get addicted, a lot of them are able to easily walk away from the drug. This phenomenon has sparked much research and even fueled the developement of Bupropion(Zyban) and other dopamine regulators.

I would type more, but I have stuff to attend to.

I agree about keeping things regulated though, I just think a lot of the restrictions are way too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm.

Benal
11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
What they're doing in Holland seems to work.

mikeyp
11-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Drugs are illegal now for a reason. So no.

craig r
11-16-2004, 09:44 PM
I really hope you are joking. Are you saying that when things are done a certain way, they need to always stay that way?

mikeyp
11-16-2004, 11:16 PM
No I never said that I didnt like change.

stripsqueez
11-17-2004, 01:12 AM
i think all recreational drugs should be legalised

lots of good reasons - the economic arguement is very compelling - if the US legalised all these drugs the resource saved on enforcement of the current archaic laws would wipe out death by starvation in the world in a few short years

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

A_C_Slater
11-17-2004, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think all recreational drugs should be legalised

lots of good reasons - the economic arguement is very compelling - if the US legalised all these drugs the resource saved on enforcement of the current archaic laws would wipe out death by starvation in the world in a few short years

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.All that money from enforcement is made up and then some after the people get busted and pay thousands of dollars in court fees. The reason it is illegal is because punishing the offenders is profitable to the state. It also keeps down the black man. Don't want him rising up. If we want to wipe out debt we need to tax gambling across the board.

mmcd
11-17-2004, 02:06 AM
On the flip side, a lot of um "entrepreneurial" types would be deprived a pretty decent living. I support legalization of recreational drugs, but I also support readily available sources of easy money.

radek2166
11-17-2004, 10:43 AM
If they make drugs legal. Keep the prices the same. I.E. 100 dollars for a gram of coke + sales tax. Take the cost of makeing the drug. Probably about 4 bucks a gram of coke. Put 30% of the profits into education and rehab.

They could accomplish a few things

1) Slow down the violine associated with street gangs.
2) Have funds readily avialable for rehab.
3) Create a windfall of taxes
4) it would also help to take the stigma away from people that do drugs. Hopefully helping addicts become productive mebers of society.

nicky g
11-17-2004, 10:51 AM
That would defeat the point. Part of the case for making them legal is that prices wopuld collapse, meanin gpeople would no longer go out and rob people for their hit etc. If you keep the rpice the same, you don't get rid of the associated crime.

I voted yes. All drugs taken for pleasure should be legally available, with certain restrictions on their sale.