PDA

View Full Version : 22 in BB - please reread - the idiot reposts - and darn you BisonBison

wahooriver
11-16-2004, 02:34 PM
My original post had an error - transcribing by hand is difficult. The river did not give 2 pair. BisonBison has turned off his converter this week - and I am apparently helpless without it.

============================

2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

In the BB, playing Empire 1/2, 5 handed, fold, fold, button raises, SB folds. I call.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, button raises, I call.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I call.

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I call.

===========================

I know why I called his bets, and will be glad to discuss that, but am interested in how others "read" this situation. I am a devotee of Daniel Negreanu - and especially enjoy his verbalization of his thought process about what his opponents might have.

So how would you verbalize his likely hands? And was I an idiot to see the bets?

DeezNutz3
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I only see you beating a flush draw that didn't pair...otherwise you don't beat much

joker122
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
what do you think betting the flop does for you? he will raise with almost any 2 cards here a good majority of the time. checkraise the flop. the hand will be much easier to play.

however, i'd just check fold here. it's not likely you have the best hand, and if you do you will get outdrawn alot.

wahooriver
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Let me discuss my thinking for critique. I do like the check raise option - and agree that line superior.

I assumed that if he had a hand he would have called on the flop and raised on the turn. Maybe I am considering how I would play an Ace.

In fact he had Q10 and I won. But I'm trying to decide whether I was crazy to call his bluff. I did believe he was bluffing all along. He called me an idiot for calling his bets.

I laughed.

DrGutshot
11-16-2004, 11:16 PM
I think this is a very overconfident play. Remember: This is Empire 1/2. The play there is hurrendous. True, sometimes people will wait to the turn to raise an ace. However, even at 5/10, most people would slow down with a weak ace if they get action. Many players will play this hand this way with a small pair, which obviously beats yours. All you beat is a complete and utter bluff - and you have to invest a large number of bets to do it. On top of that, they will always have at least 6 outs against you.

I think the C/R is the best if you are very confident in your read. Otherwise, check and fold, you have very little invested in the pot.

-DrG