PDA

View Full Version : Did I play every street wrong?

Huskiez
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Except for maybe the turn, I'm not feeling too good about my play here. The river is one of the most clear folds, right? Or is this too big a pot?

Pokerstars 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG raises, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG caps, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG raises, MP folds, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, UTG caps, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.5 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (19.5 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22.5 BB

fnord_too
11-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Pre flop - I don't like cold calling with J9s, even with two over callers.

Flop - tough spot, I don't terribly mind the three bet, but I don't terribly like it either. When UTG caps I think you need to see the turn and fold to a bet if a J, 9, or /images/graemlins/club.gif does not come. (Well, not quite, see below)

Turn - well, you are getting the right odds to spike a J or 9, hard to believe you won't win if one of those comes so I guess you have to call here.

River - You are beat heremore than 95% of the time I think, you have to fold.

In summation: fold pre-flop, barring that call the flop and fold the turn, barring that call the turn and fold the river, barring that kick your self (I have gotten quite good at that particular feat.)

Alobar
11-16-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't cold call this preflop.

I don't like the flop 3 bet. With all the preflop action and already a bet and a raise, your hand probably isn't going to win without improvement. If you think the 3 bet will get it checked to you on the turn, then go for it. I think more often than not it's just going to get capped tho.

yeah, even with the size of the pot, I think you can fold this river

Huskiez
11-17-2004, 07:33 PM
SB had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG had A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and took the pot.