PDA

View Full Version : AJo in EP - drunk night at stars

Kips Bay Kid
11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok let me have it, this is probably the case of doing everything WRONG...I wish I had to take a field sobriety test before logging in at night...

Hero ($217) is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain ($591) has been playing ABC poker, my image is LAG (but still folding enough not to be considered a maniac, sat down with $200 up $17 at this point)

PF:
Hero raises to $6, 3 folds, MP3 (Villain) calls, 2 folds, SB calls

Pot: $20
Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Villain bets $8, SB folds, Hero calls

Pot: $36
Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $22, Hero raises to $75, Villain calls

Pot: $186
Riv: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $38, Hero calls

Final Pot: $262

amoeba
11-16-2004, 02:29 PM
why are there two jack of clubs?

jtr
11-16-2004, 02:32 PM
First up, either you drank a few too many or Pokerstars is messing you around, as there are two J/images/graemlins/club.gifs in that deck.

Apart from that, the hand doesn't look all that crazy to me. Personally I wouldn't have made the preflop raise with AJo in that position, but after that I don't think you played it horribly.

I would be inclined to make a significant raise immediately on the flop and be happy to take it there, I guess. But you decided to be more courageous and make your move on the turn. OK, sounds good. It's scary that he calls this $75 raise, and if you say he's an ABC player then I am thinking it's not the flush draw, but rather a beatable overpair like QQ. Still, for $38 on the river I believe you have to call.

What were the blind sizes, by the way?

Kips Bay Kid
11-16-2004, 02:34 PM
BLinds are $1/$2

Sorry I mixed that up should be A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

schwza
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
i'd fold AJ utg.

i'd bet the flop, as there are a lot of scare cards (pretty much anything makes a straight or is an overcard).

if i check-called the flop and checked the turn, i'd just call. your hand is not so good that you want to build a big pot. also, making a very small check-raise is not going to drive out any draws, and you're just going to leave yourself in an unfortunate spot on the river.

i'd put out a small blocking bet on the end. you might get called by a worse hand, and you might fold out a better hand. but i'd be very surprised if you got raised by a set or worse, which is nice for your hand.

dmk
11-17-2004, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd fold AJ utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

why

Kips Bay Kid
11-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi schwza -

I cross posted this in the mid-high NL forum only because the stacks seemed like they were deep enough, feel free to check out the feedback I got there as well as my thinking during this hand:

Mid-High NL post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1270482&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=)

Since I pegged him as an abc player I didn't see him holding cards that fill a low straight after calling my PF raise from UTG for a full ring table (he was not seeing many flops, unfortunately I did not key in on this until after checking my HH the next day).

dmk
11-17-2004, 12:05 PM
ignore this post, i was thinking it was 6max...