PDA

View Full Version : AKo, TPTK, 3-bet on flop, What's my plan??

Fat Nicky
11-16-2004, 12:30 PM
MP2 is a maniac. Based on 20 hands (100 VPIP, 65 PFR).
CO is LA-P.

Party 3/6 (10 handed)

Pre-flop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP2 3-bets, 1 fold, CO calls, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: <font color="red">(10.33 SB)</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO 3-bets, Hero ???

What's my plan for the rest of the hand?

MoreWineII
11-16-2004, 12:34 PM
I'd cap the flop. It's very possible CO is trying to isolate the maniac. If CO shows strength again on the turn, I'd re-evaluate at that point.

CO's cold-call preflop is weird. I think if he showed strength again on the turn, I'd fold.

How passive is CO?

AZK
11-16-2004, 12:40 PM
I agree, I'd cap. Bet any non threatening card on the turn if it's checked to you, and call down if it isn't. If it's bet, raise, to you on the turn then I'd lay down.

sublime
11-16-2004, 12:41 PM
cap preflop

i would probably cap the flop also, i think the main question is does CO also know the dude is a maniac?

Quindle
11-16-2004, 02:07 PM
When you're three bet pf by a maniac, you have to cap. CO's call is certainly uncomfortable, though.

CO could several things here, but the only two you fear are the unlikely AA and very unlikely KK (which surely calls flop and raises turn). By far the most likely is AK - plenty of players play it in all circumstances regardless of pf action. That might also explain why he called rather than raising. It's also not unreasonable to put CO on a flush draw - I'd certainly three-bet A Q/J clubs here.

Given that, I'd be tempted to call the three bet and check/raise any one who bets on the turn. If it's two back to me I'd call down. The danger is that maniac goes mad with his KQ and you end up putting 3 or 4 bets into turn and river to be beaten by AA or a set of Jacks.

But sh*t happens when you play nutters.