PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 QJ in the BB, I turn into a Calling Station...

IndieMatty
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Party 15/30

MP Open Raises A LOT, but not with total garbage, 44 up it seems. All fold to me in the BB with QJ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Flop is

AQX one /images/graemlins/club.gif

I want to bet out, but I know its going to get raised. I check, he bets, I call.

Turn is a 9 no club.

Whats your line?

IndieMatty
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Err bump? I'm already on Page 3. Is the play horrid? Boring? These heads up hands come up a lot @ Party 15-30. Should I just muck pre-flop?

Entity
11-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I haven't responded because I haven't the slightest clue how to play these situations, which come up every now and then.

QJs is probably 60/40 with the range of hands he's raising here (AA-44, AKs-ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs, AKo-AJo, KQo-KJo, QJo), but it sure feels too strong to fold.

Is this a bad place for check/call, check/call, bet?

Rob

Danenania
11-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Depending on how he plays postflop I think you could consider 3-betting from the BB to take control. On the flop and turn I think check-call, check-call is clearly best. Whether to bet out on the river or check-call again depends a lot on the player. From what I hear 15/30 players tend to be very aggressive so check-call would probably be my default since he won't take many free showdowns and might bluff with K-high or worse.

Remember, there's nothing wrong with being a calling station if you're playing against a betting station.

IndieMatty
11-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. I thought this was too basic for Mid-High stakes, I'm sure it is.

I have a hard time, not just check calling...