11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Villain is loose passive. Good line?

Empire Poker $1/$2 Hold'em (6 max).
Hero is SB with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls
Hero raises
BB calls
UTG folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero bets
BB raises
Hero calls
** Dealing Turn ** [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero bets
BB raises
Hero folds

Scott

ToneLoc
11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Why not simply call the guy down? His flop raise is very suspicious imo, he could have anything really here...
I am not sure I like the turn, as your bet after him representing a Jack on the turn really asks for a raise here...
J.

naphand
11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Looks fine to me, betting and folding the Turn saves you a BB over calling down. If opponent is loose passive and raises the flop he either has a J, 3 or overpair (some passives will not raise QQ PF, and like to slowplay AA and KK!). There are no draws. Turn gives a perfect card to bet with, there is a smallish chance passive folds here without a J or A, but a better chance he calls with any PP. You did raise PF yet oppponent fearlessly raises again, either he has an A, J or 33. He is not raising any PP against the Turn A, he is raising only the hands listed.

Against this opponent, Turn fold is standard.

Guido
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I would 3-bet the flop and lead the turn again.

Guido

ToneLoc
11-16-2004, 11:28 AM
The thing I don't understand here is that you are ahead only versus an underpair, or some QT or QK right?
seems to me that a player holding that hand, who decided to CR the flop with it, is quite likely to take a second shot at you, as your turn bet is really suspicious... Dont you think so?
But thx for your comments, I realize how loose I have become playing online!
J.

naphand
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Passive players rarely take multiple shots without a real hand.