PDA

View Full Version : Turn Bet . . . Blah

Scotch78
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Villain's VP$IP is in the low 40's, PFR around 10%, and very aggressive on the flop and turn. I must've been on auto-pilot, because looking back I don't know what I hoped to accomplish with a turn bet. A river bet, maybe, but I can't think of any reason to bet this turn. Check-call the turn and lead the river seem like the best line to people, or call it down the whole way?

Empire Poker $1/$2 Hold'emTable (6 max)
Hero is CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds
MP folds
Hero raises
BTN raises
SB folds
BB folds
Hero calls
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero checks
BTN bets
Hero calls
** Dealing Turn ** [ T /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero bets
BTN raises
Hero calls
** Dealing River ** [ 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero checks
BTN bets
Hero calls

Scott

Guido
11-16-2004, 11:31 AM
I cap it preflop about a 100% of the time. I bet the flop and 3-bet when I get the chance or I call and check-raise the turn and call down when he 3-bets. When he calls the turn check-raise I bet the river again. I think you gave the initiative away way too easy.

Guido

Guido
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
By the way why don't you guys use this (http://www.team-skilz.com/) converter?

Guido

imitation
11-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Cap preflop.

Flop lead - 3bet.

Turn bet, think about 3bets....else just call it down.

River bet if he just called your turn bet else call a bet.

Scotch78
11-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Because I didn't know it existed. Thanx! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott

Scotch78
11-17-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't remember exactly why, but I was pretty sure the villain had AA, KK or AK, maybe QQ. The stats I posted were pulled from PT after the session ended, so I'm guessing that the gametime window showed his PFR% a lot lower. I dunno, this one looks even funnier to me now than it did when I posted it /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Scott