PDA

View Full Version : bad bad checkraise

Apocalypse
11-16-2004, 08:39 AM
felt sick about this one

opponent is a pretty laggy dude, that is capable of folding nonetheless (if he sees bluffing aint working). So all in all, i pretty much screwed up this one didn't i /images/graemlins/mad.gif

stars 5/10

im holding As Kh and raise UTG, I get 3-bet on my immediate left (i guess he pretty much does this with AA-tens and down to AJo). Everybody folds, i call(?) and we both see the flop.

flop:
Jd 4h 4c

I check, he bets, i call

turn:

Kc

I check, he bets, i check-raise, he 3-bets and i call..

river is 3d and i call his bet.

results in white
<font color="white">he shows pocket jacks and the flopped boat </font>

I feel very bad about the turn checkraise, and im right arent i? I take it calling-down from top to bottom would be best right? I guess this is more a frustrationpost, but i would like to hear from you guys anyways /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zele
11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I don't mind your line, actually. Just got unlucky. Of course I am assuming he's the kind of LAG that would call down with QQ or AJ.

ToneLoc
11-16-2004, 10:12 AM
I would often lead the turn to be honest. DO you think it is a worse line than the checkraise? When he has hit the flop hard like here it has the merit to save a bet...
J.

Apocalypse
11-16-2004, 10:23 AM
ok tx for the response, but why would i raise here? Considering his aggressive image(hands hell keep betting but fold if counterfeited), considering the many hands im paying off 2 extra bets (and going with a 2-outer(could be even 0 but thats just seeing monsters) to the river) against a smaller number im gaining 1 bet(maximal, could be even zero effectively considering a bluffbet on the river on his part if just called on the turn where he will now fold the river) on. If im seeing this wrong , please correct me but i don't see much value in raising this hand on the turn.

Apocalypse
11-16-2004, 10:25 AM
leading the turn seems pretty good imo