PDA

View Full Version : problem with the mouse

Tyler Durden
11-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Not a computer mouse. I'm talking about the rodent. Infestation.

About four weeks ago one of my roommates told me he saw a mouse about six days prior. I'm like wtf, took you six days to say something? then the next day i'm watching tv in the living room with a different roommate and he sees one out of the corner of his eye. we buy glue traps and he's dead two days later.

but there are more. i think we've caught five total in the glue traps. and it's getting sick.

it's 4:20 AM and i can't sleep so i'm hanging out in the living room and I just saw a mouse walk onto the glue trap and he's trying to get off of it, but of course he can't. kinda sad, but we need these f%^$ers to get the hell out of here.

we called the exterminator (should have been done a while ago) and he's coming to block off their point of entry.

mice suck. real small, but still gross.

Dilbert
11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Stop attacking Walt Disney!

If you enjoy crushed skulls, try a traditional mousetrap. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I enjoyed them.

Now though I just use poison (d-CON ready mixed baitbits), which works great (as long as you don't have pets around). The problem with mice is if they live in your neighborhood (nearby houses) they will keep finding their way to your house.

I leave poison out all the time in selected corners, every couple months I find it gone, I add more poison daily until it stops disappearing, and I never see a mouse, but I know they have died. I miss the crushed skulls though.

dogsballs
11-17-2004, 03:51 PM
go with the old fashioned traps and kill em sharp. why bother torturing them with with glue and other contraptions.
They like a bit of bread and jam. Bread smells really good to mice.

Or do what we did once. Balance a ruler on the side of a kitchen bin, with the outside end of the ruler resting on something, and throw a piece of bread or other food in there. They'll hop along the ruler and drop in. You can leave em in there and set the ruler again if you want to catch more. Keep a little menagerie inside the bin. Then drop a brick on them later when you get fed up with them.

M2d
11-17-2004, 03:52 PM
get a garter snake

Ray Zee
11-18-2004, 03:42 AM
regular old traps with peanut butter is best. dont use decon unless they go back outside to have to find water. the poison makes them thirsty. its the water that kills them not the poison. it swells up the stuff in their stomach and kills them. if they dont go out you get dead mice in the walls and the stink with them.
glue traps are barbaric and torture. the snap ones get it over quickly.
find where they come in and stick some aluminum foil in the hole and they wont chew thru it. save the exterminator costs, he cant do anything you can easily.
i catch tons of them in my barn and workshhop and put out them for the wild turkeys to eat. they love em.

wacki
11-18-2004, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i catch tons of them in my barn and workshhop and put out them for the wild turkeys to eat. they love em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I always assuemd turkeys were herbivores. You learn something new everyday....

daryn
11-18-2004, 04:04 AM
now you know they are at least omnivores...

wacki
11-18-2004, 05:01 AM
It makes me look at these guys differently.

http://www.toymania.com/toyfair2000/mcfarlane/southpark/images/turkey.jpg

Topflight
11-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Some of you guys are sick bastards.