PDA

View Full Version : Question For Multi-Tablers

gaming_mouse
11-16-2004, 04:52 AM
Question for bisonbison and other regular posters who multi-table for a living:

How many tables do you multi-table with?

Do you notice a diminishing rate of returns as the number of tables goes up? That is, you can play 1 table with a winrate of .2 SB/hand, 2 tables at .17 SB/hand, etc. Then you would just play the number of tables that maximizes your overall winnings.

Obviously, you may not have tracked the exact numbers -- it's probably much more a matter of feel and judgement. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.

gm

scrub
11-16-2004, 05:16 AM
I've never really thought it was worth less than 4 tabling for long enough to compare my WR 1 tabling to 4 tabling, even on a smallish sample.

I made slightly less in terms of BB/100 4 tabling Party 3/6 and 5/10 short than I made over a 200 hour (optimistically 7000 hand) sample playing live mid-limit poker. That's about the only one table v. many tables comparison I can give you on a remotely useful sample size.

On a "similar limit" comparison, I make substantially less in terms of BB/100 hands playing the Party 15 on 4 tables than I do playing live 10, 15, and 20 games.

scrub

gaming_mouse
11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
scrub,

you 4 table 15/30? that is impressive. i was under the impression that all the multi-tabling was done at 3/6 or under, and that higher limits require full attention.

you seem to be saying that yes, they do, but that they are still profitable multi tabling. also, how does BB/hour at 3/6 compare to 5/10 and 15/30?

tia,
gm

bugstud
11-16-2004, 05:45 AM
if you read mid-high many posters 4-8 table 15/30

gaming_mouse
11-16-2004, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you read mid-high many posters 4-8 table 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i'm guessing these players are very good. that is, it seems like quite a jump from 3/6. is this correct, or am i overestimating the competition at those levels? i've never played that high, and from the comments here i get the feeling that it is a whole other leage.

gm

scrub
11-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Yah--not a particularly impressive feat.

My wrist gets sort of sore sometimes, though.

But I fight through the pain--I'm a gamer.

scrub

sublime
11-16-2004, 10:28 AM
is this correct, or am i overestimating the competition at those levels? i've never played that high, and from the comments here i get the feeling that it is a whole other leage.

the 15/30 is aggressive but very much beatable. swings are going to be more severe due to the tendancies of your opponents, but there is a solid overlay still present.