PDA

View Full Version : An idiot but...

08-30-2001, 07:02 PM
The "poker crime" post below is plainly a few chips short of a full stack but the scenario is interesting.

Trip Aces on the flop assuming that you do not hold the case ace how do you play it ? In a multiway pot there is almost nothing that would induce me to bet here even if I held a high pair. Although head to head with or without a pair I might be tempted into a steal bet particularly if I had a healthy chip position.

Any thoughts ?

08-30-2001, 09:25 PM
If he is for real....i wanna know his user name. Utterly clueless comes to mind. lol

08-31-2001, 12:45 AM
In today's tournament (Limit Hold'em) at Hawaiian Gardens, I had JJ in middle position. There was one limper, I raised, the blind and the limper called.

The flop came KKK. Check, I bet, call, call.

I figure no one has the case K, it odds are slim (what I don't know).

If someone has the case K, they could slowplay - and I will probably pay 'em off.

In this case I didn't want it on the board. Turn comes 7d - check, I bet, call, call.

River comes 3 h - check, I bet again, call, call. And I take it down with K full of J. The other two players had smaller pocket pairs.

08-31-2001, 10:05 AM
I agree with Hank. If you have a made hand, bet it until someone lets you know they have you beat. The starting cards were ridiculous though in 7's case. Maybe bet once on the turn as a bluff. Any action back at me I fold. On river check and fold.