PDA

View Full Version : Head-up - what are the key tips?

08-31-2002, 06:06 PM
I do fine at 5-way action on Paradise, $3/$6 and $5/$10, basically making a respectable hourly rate. But I'm a novice at head-up and always get killed. I've read the short-handed section in HPFAP, but still don't get the gestalt of head-up. Even three-way I'm fine, but get me head-up and I might as well hand you my money. I'll lose whether you're aggressive and keep raising me from the small blind, or whether you're more passive and let me do the raising and slowplay your good hands.

What are the most important keys to playing, esp. versus 3-way or more? Is there any way to gain experience that's less costly than just sitting down at the $3/$6 Paradise table and opening my wallet?

09-01-2002, 05:32 AM
You can gain experience by playing the play money headsup 1-1 tables. They are close enough to real money games if you see TIMEDOUT sitting down take a seat and play with him he takes it very seriously.

-MJ

09-02-2002, 08:07 AM
For anyone interested ... 33 messages, some with what the posters claim to be good advice on head-up play in general. It's the best I could find in a Web search on this topic. Use Google Groups to search for the title.