PDA

View Full Version : calling down second pair heads up

08-30-2002, 10:51 AM
Here is hand I would like to know my play is a 'correct' play. I think in this way I got a lot of money out of the pot without many risks.

I am the BB with QsTh.

Everybody folds untill the SB, who raises. I call.

flop: 6d Ks Qh

SB bets, I call.

turn: 2s

SB bets, I call.

river: 2h

SB bets, I call.

What do you think? Any comment is welcome.

08-30-2002, 12:47 PM
If you are playing against an opponent who will keep betting at a pot once he starts, this is a good play.

Make sure you also play a top pair/good kick hand an ace high hand the same way if you are going to do this. And pick your opponents well, and change gears when they pick up on it.

The problem with analyzing any hand heads up is that it is so important to know your opponent.

Mike

08-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Vulture,

These hands are posted in the wrong forum. When a full game ends up in a heads up contest because of everyone folding, it is a completely different situation than when you are playing someone heads up.

Mike

08-30-2002, 06:21 PM
I don't see anything wrong with playing the hand just as you did.

On the flop I might have raised to see where I am at, but with only the ace overcard here you are either already beat(in which case you are saving money by not raising) or a check call will just induce a turn and/or river bluff.

The turn brought another spade so SB could be betting a flush draw, but unless that ace hits you are calling down all the way and correctly.

This play works especially well against agressive opponents who will overbet hands that missed.

You have position all the way and if your opponent stops betting you can just bet after them. They won't know whether you have a hand or are betting because they showed weakness.