PDA

View Full Version : PokerRoom difficulty

mason55
11-16-2004, 01:52 AM
Ok, this is probably somewhere in the archive but I searched and couldn't find anything.

What is the difficulty of the SNGs at PokerRoom compared to some of the other sites? I have a 2 year old iBook that I want to play on, but it's not really fast enough to run VirtualPC, so that leaves me with Pacific and PokerRoom as the only 2 sites with Java clients. I've played on Pacific but their I can't get their Java client working, even with help from their support, so I'm stuck with PokerRoom. I'm wondering if the SNGs pretty tough compared to other sites or if they're about the same. I'm ~35% ROI player at 10+1 on Pacific.

Marcotte
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
If PR is tougher than other sites at low limits than those other site must be mighty EASY. I've never played at Pacific, Stars, or Party, but the $11s at PR are not difficult at all. You routinely see 2-3 ppl bust out in the first orbit. You can't quite fold into the money, but almost.

Cleveland Guy
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
They are rather soft.

some of the games are very tight passive, others are loos passive. At most there are 1-2 players per SnG that you really need to worry about.

I play a fair amount there, and also play a lot of PLO.

Last night a PLO regular and I were the last 2 standing, and neither of us were suprised. Example of a hand I knocked 2 people out on:

I am on the button with AKs. and have about 2800 in chips. Blinds are 50/100

LP has about 850 remaining and min raises. Folded to me, I make it 1200 to go. BB has about 950 left and calls.

LP then calls

LP has 88
Me - AKs
BB - A3o

Ace comes on the flop, and I knock them both out.