PDA

View Full Version : AK flopped TPTK, delayed turn raise runs into a train wreck

Grease
11-16-2004, 12:29 AM
I just moved up to 3/6 which means no PT data and I just sat down at this table, so I hate to say it: no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 10 Handed

UTG limps. I'm UTG+1 and have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif and raise. All fold to the blinds, who call, limpers call.

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB leads out. BB and UTG call, I call, planning to raise the turn, since raising here is futile.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB raises, UTG folds, and I do what???

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
it's a raggedy board, you've got TPTK, and you can trap all three of your opponents for another bet...

what more of a reason do you want to raise this flop?!!?

sheesh. and if your kid sister snuck in and hit "call" while you were trying to hit "raise" and you were stuck in this situation on the turn i'd 3-bet and go from there... you can counterfeit a two-pair, so your only real concern is the bb with a set, but you have no idea where you really stand because you DIDN'T RAISE THE FLOP.

MoreWineII
11-16-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
since raising here is futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Grease
11-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Wow, I must be totally off base here. I thought this was a classic SSH or HPFAP delay flop raise with a hit AK. I'll post the rest of the hand shortly.

helpmeout
11-16-2004, 03:03 AM
The thing here is that you have 2 people trapped, this is why you raise the flop. They might fold the turn unimproved.

I also like to act weak on the flop and pump the turn but its best to do that when there is 1 less player and you dont have anyone trapped.

I'd probably call the turn here BB might have a trash 2 pair or Kdxd picking up a flush draw. Folding is probably the better option but I'm a bit weak when it comes to folding TPTK on that kind of board.

Grease
11-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, I raised, for better or worse. The SB folded, and the BB called. River was a blank, the BB check-called my bet only to lose with KQo.
How bad did I butcher it?