PDA

View Full Version : Holding TT in a protected pot... what's your line?

MisterKing
11-16-2004, 12:01 AM
BB has been leading into a lot of flops with less than stellar holdings, fairly loose PF standards as well. MP is an unknown, as he sat down at the table only an orbit earlier. My image was tight and somewhat aggressive for those (presumably few) that cared to pay attention at this low limit table.

FWIW, very few flops were 3-bet at this table, and only one or two per 50 were capped. Aggression tended to come out on the flop/turn or not at all. My questions for you good folks are:

1.) Are you making the same UTG raise OF with TT?
2.) What on earth do you on the turn when BB leads into you and the smooth call/raiser in MP?
3.) Not knowing what MP will do on the river, what's your play?

Paradise Poker - $2/$4 Texas Hold'em - 2004/11/15-21:29:52
Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Pre Flop
Hero: Raise ($4), 2 folds, MP: Call ($4), 2 folds, CO: Call ($4), 2 folds, BB: Call ($2).

Flop (4 players, 9SB)
[ 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
BB: Check, Hero: Bet ($2), MP: Call ($2), CO: Call ($2), BB: Raise ($4), Hero: Call ($2), MP: Raise ($4), CO: Fold, BB: Call ($2), Hero: Call ($2)

Turn (3 players, 9BB)
[ 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
BB: Bet ($4), Hero: Call ($4), MP: Call ($4)

River (3 players, 12BB)
[ 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
BB: Bet ($4), Hero: Call ($4), MP: Call ($4)

Rubeskies
11-16-2004, 12:23 AM
If you are asking if you should have raised preflop with TT UTG then: Yes, certainly.

3-bet that flop, you have an overpair. He would be correct to raise with a lone 9.

The way you played it you must raise that river.

Rubeskies
11-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Actually a case might be made for waiting to the turn to raise and protect your hand.

You could wait for a favorable turn card which came in the form of a 3 and pop the turn because of your relative position to the raiser.

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 12:29 AM
i'd say raise the turn on the safe card

for whatever reason TT is the hot topic right now. and yes, it's correct to raise with it preflop from UTG.