PDA

View Full Version : KK monotone flop... river decision

Danenania
11-15-2004, 10:33 PM
No read on BB in this hand. In general table is playing very loose with spurts of wildness. SB is completely insane. Was planning on raising any non-heart, non-A turn. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party 5/10 6-max, 6 handed.

CO posts blind. Hero is Button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG folds, MP limps, CO checks, Hero raises, Blinds call, Everyone calls. 5 to the flop for 10 SB.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets out, BB calls, MP calls, CO raises, Hero coldcalls, Everyone calls. 5 to the turn for 10 BB's.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to Hero. Hero bets, SB calls, BB checkraises, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds. 2 to the river for 15 BB's.

River: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, Hero...?

Scotch78
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
This flop looks like a perfect example of overcalling to me. It hurts to do it, but I'd let go to the CO's raise. If I felt the table conditions warranted hanging around, I'd raise, but I don't like the cold-call at all though.

Scott

Danenania
11-16-2004, 02:04 AM
Folding didn't enter my mind on the flop. The only decision for me was between calling and 3-betting. These guys are often betting and raising with way less than an overpair and the pot is big.

Peter_rus
11-16-2004, 09:46 AM
It's 100% 3-bet for me on flop. Even if someone has something like AhJs you have more than 1:4 of SD value to your raise exactly. Im not paying credits to flopped flush on flop ever as top pairs will usually hardly bet these flops and any Ah able to cap.

BB c/r represents flush, QJ, or maybe AQ,KQ (maybe with 1 heart in hand). All checked and only last hand bets - it so calling down turn and river is in order. Against certain opponents i would raise river. But with no reads i would just call.

Danenania
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
My thinking was that the turn card could significantly improve my equity with so many players in, and based on the likely position of a bet (which didn't end up coming through) I could often face the entire field with two big ones which would be great.

Resuts: BB flips Q4 for 2 pair and MHIG. Being results-oriented I thought maybe I should have raised the river planning to fold to a 3-bet but Peter convinced me that my initial instinct of calling was correct. That turn c/r by BB shows a ton of strength. Would anyone raise the river if they read BB as too aggressive?

Still very interested in more discussion of the flop play.

DrGutshot
11-17-2004, 04:59 AM
I agree w/peter that a flop 3 bet is the best action. I know it is tempting to wait for the turn here, but you can't be sure that you will be bet into again. The river bet screams 2 pair to me, so I raise that. And I never lay that down to a 3bet on the river, even if it is a sad crying call that is a little -EV.

-DrG