PDA

View Full Version : Best Support I've Experienced

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Lately I've been trying out Poker Mountain during it's beta and I have to say, they have the greatest e-mail support out of the ton of sites I've played at. Naturally I have had a few questions during the Beta and I've gotten paragraph length responses in only 5 or 10. Pretty refreshing actually. Anyone else trying it out and have a similar experience or thoughts on the site. I really like how the software is coming together.

P.S.--technically new user but I've been browsing daily for over a year, so i dont feel so new.

busguy
11-15-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been trying out Poker Mountain during it's beta and I have to say, they have the greatest e-mail support out of the ton of sites I've played at. Naturally I have had a few questions during the Beta and I've gotten paragraph length responses in only 5 or 10. Pretty refreshing actually. Anyone else trying it out and have a similar experience or thoughts on the site. I really like how the software is coming together.

P.S.--technically new user but I've been browsing daily for over a year, so i dont feel so new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah . . . Yah right !!

That story is just sooooooo believable.

But, good to hear it's going so well over there. Let us know when you guys are up and running and how big the first deposit bonus will be.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

Oh and for what it's worth, the best support I've experienced of late was at PokerNow . . . very quick with e-mail responses.

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Question: What is made of pork shoulder meat, salt, water, sugar, sodium nitrate and has 170 calories per serving? **HINT** It comes in a 7oz can

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
And for the record.... WSEX has the best support out there... but that doesnt necessarily means its the best place to play.

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I didn't say it was the greatest place to play nor do I have anything to gain considering it's play money. But thanks for the welcome. Good news of the week though..read it all the time. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I think maybe the fact that my praise for one aspect of a site that is in play money was interpretted as me being part of the company doesn't speak so well for this forum.

Adde
11-15-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that sounds great! Care to post these 5 or 10 lengthy emails here so we can see ourselves how great their e-mail support is?

Keep up the good work!

Adde

GrannyMae
11-15-2004, 10:38 PM
ignore these dogs. they attack at any sniff of pork, legit or not.

i don't agree with cubs tho, paradise support is better than wsex, 800 number and all.

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Adde.. you can be my wing man any day /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AwesomeAli
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think maybe fact that my praise for one aspect of a site that is in play money is interpretted as me being part of the company doesn't speak so well for the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??

Try using punctuation so that we can understand wtf you are going on about.

TY

Ali

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Actually come to think of it, I did forget about Paradise. While I've never called their 800 they were quick and thorough with their email responses and actually solved a problem.

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
My experience with paradise support is quite limited but i can say that any time i ever had a problem/question at WSEX someone was on chat within 15 seconds. And for the record... Jay Cohen is not a butt buddy of mine /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KingMarc
11-15-2004, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question: What is made of pork shoulder meat, salt, water, sugar, sodium nitrate and has 170 calories per serving? **HINT** It comes in a 7oz can

[/ QUOTE ]

Spam! Do I win anything?

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
ding ding ding... u win my Y2k stockpile of spam... dont worry... it doesnt expire for another 3 years

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I think i survived my first thread...do I win anything?

Adde
11-15-2004, 11:05 PM
I think i survived my first thread...do I win anything?

Hey, howsit going with posting the lengthy emails from e-mail support? You still got them, or did you accidently delete them?

Adde

itsmarty
11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
I understand that people are a little gunshy around here, but so far all we know about Poker Mountain are the people involved: DN (can't spell his name but hard to figure him for a spammer) and GreatBrit (downright impeccable cred with old schoolers).

It's quite possible this was just someone trying to be nice. Can we keep the dogs caged for just a bit?

Martin

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Ok I will post one i have laying around in my inbox just to stop this nonsense. Although it looks pretty general i had a lot of questions in it and they were all answered. Also, I said they were answered in 5-10 minutes, not that I had 5-10 emails.

XXXXXXX,
Firstly... thank you for having played with us since the beginning. We're sure you have seen some of the small bugs disappear as time has moved forward!

We will be going to real money games within the very near future. As far as the specific games that we will offer; we (here in support) are not sure of the spread we will offer. However, rest assured there will be game for every budget!

As for the beta points awards..... Basically we will be offering many free-rolls for those of you who have been playing and accumulating beta points. As well, it is very likely, that we will offer cool Poker Mountain merchandise as well as highly stylish Poker Mountain clothing.

We hope this has answered a bit of your curiosity. Stick with us over the next few weeks, and we'll be moving right into real money play! Good luck at the tables!
-Poker Mountain Support

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that people are a little gunshy around here, but so far all we know about Poker Mountain are the people involved: DN (can't spell his name but hard to figure him for a spammer) and GreatBrit (downright impeccable cred with old schoolers).

It's quite possible this was just someone trying to be nice. Can we keep the dogs caged for just a bit?

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

Exxactly. Atleast someone here understood that's all I was trying to do; give credit where credit was due. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Can we keep the dogs caged for just a bit?

sure... i will shut my trap and eat my words when i see evidence of these emails. if he has been lurking for a year he should know better then to make his first post the way he did. until then... release the hounds smithers...

Adde
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Firstly... thank you for having played with us...

Thanks for posting the lengthy email from e-mail support. Now I see why you are so excited. I am as well!!

Adde

curtains
11-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I cant help hating paradise until they stop charging a vig for rebuys.

itsmarty
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
I agree that after a year one should understand some things about a forum, but I also think it's fairly unusual for the worst thing you can do at a site is to start your posting career by saying something nice.

I don't like reading spam any more than the next person, but I think that as a group, we've lost our ability to react rationally to anything that even smells of canned meat.

Martin

ssomega
11-15-2004, 11:36 PM
SPAM.....and its not even close......IMHO

Adde
11-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I cant help hating paradise until they stop charging a vig for rebuys.

No need to feel sorry, you've got yourself a brand new favourite site. Praise be this thread.

Adde

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 11:41 PM
I dont find that I need to defend myself anymore. Once again, just tried to say something nice about a site. If you ever tried it, you would see that I am on fairly often as I have played precisely 3,184 hands there, and that I do not indeed have anything to gain but maybe some better competition at the play money tables. But I suppose saying I have played that many hands at this site might be spam so maybe I should remove that /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cubswin
11-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Ill be damned... i sent a test email to their support at 10:19 PM and received a reply at 10:29PM.....

Dear John Doe,

Thank you for playing with us at Pokermountain.com. We
very much appreciate you contacting us with your questions, and we'll do our very best to address them right away.

We are in the process of filtering any possible bugs in order to offer the real money games, we expect this to happen in the next 2 weeks, nevertheless we can't promise you a date, please bear with us until we solve this little glitches.

Be sure to keep an eye on us in the near future at Pokermountain.com as we will soon be offering free-rolls, amazing deposit bonuses, and lots and lots of free giveaways!!! Again, we thank you for playing at the friendliest poker site on the net, and we wish you the best of luck at the tables.

- Poker Mountain Support
PS-Remember...... No pants required!

foot meet mouth.

GoSox
11-15-2004, 11:51 PM
They should have good support, they dont have any customers to support !!! No bonus questions, no deposit or withdraw issues, no collusion. Just play money, how tough is that ?

CindigoHE
11-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Good point...it is really the first time I've experienced support when a site was in this stage.

stir
11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
kudos for being man enuf to admit it.

greatbrit
11-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry CindigoHE, teach me not to check 2+2 for a day!

First off, thank you very much for the kind words, sorry you got so muck flack, and Marty, thank you very much too.

As for the comment from Cubswin "if he has been lurking for a year he should know better then to make his first post the way he did", I don't think I did anything wrong, I was simply responding to a post about Poker Mountain, and what I wrote was hardly spam, I just responded to his post. I've been on rgp since before there was rgp /images/graemlins/smile.gif and lurking on 2+2 for many years, I know all about spam, and hate it as much as anyone. I try to be very sensitive to that in posts, I haven't started a single thread to promote the site, I haven't gone too far off topic when responding to a post.

I work for the software development company that is creating Poker Mountain, I'm happy to answer anything and everything that I can about the site in response to questions or comments here on 2+2, but I don't know how I can do that responsibly if anything I write is going to be considered spam. Cubsfan, I'd be very grateful if you could just spend a few minutes looking at my previous posts (there are 15), then tell me here, or in private email if you really think I'm going over the top.

OK, as for your attack on Cindigo, I'd berate you if I wasn't as cynical as you are, I could see myself doing the same thing. You don't know me and I realize I have earned no credibility with you, but I PROMISE you that Cindigo is absolutely, 100%, no way associated with our site (well let me say with the caveat that she certainly doesn't work for the software company or Poker Mountain, I have no idea if she knows anybody who works for us, but I assume she doesn't). We intend to run a very responsible site, we have some big names asssociated with us, they joined us because they trust us to be a reputable company, we will not be resorting to tactics such as fake posts.

Paul Westley
(greatbrit)
http://www.pokermountain.com

Cubswin
11-16-2004, 07:46 PM
As for the comment from Cubswin "if he has been lurking for a year he should know better then to make his first post the way he did", I don't think I did anything wrong, I was simply responding to a post about Poker Mountain, and what I wrote was hardly spam, I just responded to his post.

Cubsfan, I'd be very grateful if you could just spend a few minutes looking at my previous posts (there are 15), then tell me here, or in private email if you really think I'm going over the top.

Those comments were directed at Cindigo and not you.

I commend you on your fast responce to my 'test' email and hope that you will continue to post in a constructive manner.

As for Cindigo, my apologies if you indeed have no stake in pokermountain. If you come in here smelling like pork we will jump all over you like the hounds were are. Your first post smelled very porky and we have seen these ploys by many a site so i hope you can understand why we jumped all over you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cubs

lorinda
11-16-2004, 08:03 PM
You don't know me and I realize I have earned no credibility with you,

Whilst, for obvious reasons, I have no way of knowing anything about your site (which involves too many factors), I'd happily vouch for you and your personal honesty.

Lori

wayabvpar
11-16-2004, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ding ding ding... u win my Y2k stockpile of spam... dont worry... it doesnt expire for another 3 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you leave off a few zeros on that expiration date?

As for PokerMountain- I am on the mailing list (I think), and will keep an eye on it, much as I do with Full Tilt. If they show signs of getting some decent user numbers (which Full Tilt hasn't done to my satisfaction), I will check them out.