trumpman84
11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Blinds: .25/.50

6 handed live home game

Stacks:
Me: $23.00
Opponent: $55.00

(Each bought in for $20.00)

Opponent is loose, slightly aggresive preflop, really aggresive post flop.

I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button and raise 2 limpers (opponent included) 2 dollars. Only opponent calls.

Flop

2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Top pair-Top kicker with a flush draw...huge flop. I bet $2.25. Opponent raises $2.75 to $5.00. I almost immediately push all-in. He thinks about it for about 5 minutes before showing his hand A4o and folding.

I almost think that a better line would be to put on an acting job like I had Kings or Queens..call his raise, then check-raise him all in on the turn reguardless of the card. He might of been more pot-committed at this point depending on his turn bet so I might've been able to double up.

Thoughts?

edge
11-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Against a very aggressive postflop player, a smoothcall is probably better on that flop. You're not really afraid of any cards that could fall, and if he pots it on the turn, you can raise all-in and he's stuck. If there were draws that could hit against you, your line is good (make him pay to draw against you).

Ben
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
What edge said.

BobboFitos
11-16-2004, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a very aggressive postflop player, a smoothcall is probably better on that flop. You're not really afraid of any cards that could fall, and if he pots it on the turn, you can raise all-in and he's stuck. If there were draws that could hit against you, your line is good (make him pay to draw against you).

[/ QUOTE ]

in addition this is the clear case where generally only a made hand better than yours will call your all in... However he labored about folding A4o, so maybe with something like Ato he calls and you double up with him drawing at 2 or 3 outs.

But yeah, smooth calling here is best, no need to protect your hand, you have best hand + best draw most of the time.

I might even just call the turn as well, because if he bets the turn and you raise he could get away from a weak ace, and withonly 2 or 3 outs to worry about, just calling isn't a bad spot.