PDA

View Full Version : AA: river action

exist
11-15-2004, 09:22 PM
5-10 6-max

exist is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

MP1 has V$IP of 48% and PFR of 10%

UTG folds, MP1 CALLS, CO folds, Button CALLS, exist (small blind) RAISES, BB folds, MP1 CALLS, Button CALLS.

flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

exist BETS, MP1 CALLS, Button CALLS.

turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

exist BETS, MP1 calls, Button folds.

river: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

exist BETS, MP1 RAISES, exist ???

Pot is currently offering approximately 11 to 1.

i intended my river bet as a bet/fold not bet/call. i thought it was unlikely that i would be raised on a bluff here especially after showing strenght throughout the hand. so should i follow through with my bet/fold plan or is bet/call better? i do think that betting is better than check calling but is anyone in favor of a check?

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
48% VP$IP is far from a calling station, so he probably has something when he calls the turn. If it's a king or one of the two draws, you're beat. I would check the river because I don't think he has a ten, six or PP more often than the above.

Scott

jrobb83
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
I would bet this river every time. MP1 has a T, 6, or mid pocket pair a very good amount of the time here. Hell, he could have something like Q9 or J9 and will call a river bet after hitting the 9. I would also be very very hesitant to fold this river getting 11-1. I think bet/call going into the river is the best line.

imitation
11-16-2004, 02:20 AM
Bet/call the river, probably the call is marginally -EV still I think its better for image.

Peter_rus
11-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I would bet/call river 100% of time.

Zele
11-16-2004, 09:43 AM
For 11-1, gotta make the crying call.

exist
11-16-2004, 04:18 PM
thanks for the responses. bet call it is then. although it doesn't matter and just for the curious, when i called the raise my opponent had QJo for a straight. it would have been fun if an Ace had come!