PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's in a Kill Pot, How did I play them?

mblax10
11-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think I played this hand right what do you think?

Potawatomi $5-$10 with a kill. This is a Kill hand that plays like $10-$20. UTG+1, & MP are the only other tight aggressive players at the table. UTG+1 is pretty tight, but I've seen him raise behind the killer with as little as KJo. MP almost always bets or raises the flop hit or miss, and checks the turn, whether he hit or not, so his actions on this hand threw me.

Pre-Flop (10 players): Killer checks UTG, UTG+1 raises, MP calls, Hero calls with 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Killer folds.

Flop (3 players):A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif: UTG+1 checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn (3 players):7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif:UTG+1 checks, MP checks, Hero Bets, UTG+1 folds, MP calls

River (2 players):6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif:MP checks, Hero bets, MP calls.

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
3-bet preflop

RichHarden
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Bet the flop and re-evaluate if you're check-raised. UTG+1 may have been trying to get to the flop heads up with a pocket pair and gave up when the action was 3 way.

WillMagic
11-17-2004, 05:18 AM
The thing that makes this hand hard is that you did not reraise preflop, which you should have certainly done. From what you are telling me, the pfr has loose standards especially in a kill game, which makes a reraise imperative. (Wow, just noticed that someone called in between you two. That makes things significantly different. Calling isn't so bad now)

Honestly, I'm not sure whether a bet or check is better on the flop. I'm sure you were confused as hell when the pfr checked this flop. That said, betting here is probably correct. This is one of those situations where the pfr either murdered the flop or hates it to death. Might as well find out. But this is close.

Your turn bet is obvious (checked to twice, etc.)

I like your river bet.

Will

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2004, 09:42 AM
I love full kill games! With a good hand, you have a huge psychological advantage!

Either 3-bet pre-flop, or fold your 10s. Calling is not wise pre-flop.

Flop - Bet. You are last to act. Since you did not raise pre-flop, and the pre-flop raiser checked, you are probably ahead at this point

Turn - Preflop raiser's fold verifys that he missed the flop, you were correct to bet here. What would you have done if MP re-raised?

River - Payday (I assume!)

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

mblax10
11-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Thank you to all responders.

I rarley cold call but when MP cold called, I felt I could easily be up against a bigger pair from one and over cards from the other. I also knew that these where the only 2 players at the table that did not need to hit their hand to bet. I'm still not sure what's right pre-flop but now leaning towards 3-betting.

Now, on the flop. Let's say I bet and both players call. The turn is checked to me. Is this a good opportunity to take a free card? should I go ahead and bet. nobody has shown any strength yet, should I figure that I have the best hand, and a flush will probably raise.

The last poster is correct. MP calls and showed me 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. And I agree with you I love this full kill game. This game is usually so soft that it's worth the hour and a half drive and often hour long wait once their.