PDA

View Full Version : Simple HU Holdem preflop Q

partygirluk
11-15-2004, 08:11 PM
You are playing HU. Second hand, so no read. $2/$4

You open Raise A4s and your opp reraises. What is your action? There are unlimited raises HU FWIW.

Second q. What hands would you need to cap here?

sin808
11-16-2004, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are unlimited raises HU FWIW.

Second q. What hands would you need to cap here?

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you capping with unlimited raises?

PokerNoob
11-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm of the school of thought that you don't give your opponent any more information preflop. So I call his raise and never reraise with any hand. My HULA results don't really bear out that I'm a good HU player though.

partygirluk
01-26-2005, 11:18 PM
bump

daryn
01-27-2005, 01:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I'm of the school of thought that you don't give your opponent any more information preflop. So I call his raise and never reraise with any hand. My HULA results don't really bear out that I'm a good HU player though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am a HULA champion /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif and i agree with this school of thought.

Michael Davis
01-27-2005, 02:06 AM
I disagree, because by doing this you significantly widen the range of hands your opponent can profitably threebet with. A decent heads up opponent needs to know he's going to get fourbet sometimes when he threebets or he'll start taking the initiative every time. He'll begin threebetting with hands that don't warrant it and putting you on the defensive. Perhaps you thrive in this environment, but you're going to have to step up the postflop pressure in this case, and that often involves spewing a lot more chips to regain initiative than simply fourbetting preflop.

-Michael