PDA

View Full Version : I know someone who can play 32 tables at a time!

ariesone
11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Okay, how many of you thought to yourself, “BS” when you read the title of my post? I think that when someone talks about playing 8 tables at one time. I went over the edge after reading a post earlier today discussing buying a 22” monitor for the purpose of getting up to 20 tables on the screen at a time. What kind of poker is that? There is some thought involved with this game even if it is being played over the internet, right? Considering all the nuances involved with playing just one table and to think about multiplying that by 8 or 10 or 12 with a screen screaming at you every 5 seconds for action, who has the mental energy to do that for any length of time, much less successfully? Hey, my mother plays an ungodly amount of bingo cards at a time, but that is bingo. Bingo poker is not. I guess some of you could be calling me an idiot right now as you read this, breezing through 8 tables, making a post of your own and eating a sandwich all at the same time. Just give me some detail; anything that I can hang my hat that proves to me playing 8 or more tables does allow for reasonable thought process time and is profitable. Maybe there is no thought, and that is where I am missing it. Is it just canned responses to an action? Are you a bot? I have no problem admitting I am wrong. I am just unbelievably skeptical.

Daliman
11-15-2004, 08:24 PM
8 isn't a huge deal. Get over it. Some people can just multitask better than you.

stupidsucker
11-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Some of the best SnG moves to master are also the easiest. I can look at 2 cards in round 1-3 and know in less then a second if I want to play it. A few seconds more to make my move if I decide to play.

Once bubble play sets in it takes a few extra seconds to analyze the stack sizes to make my move. PUSH/FOLD/CALL are really your only options for the majority of hands.

SnG startegy is very ABC for the most part, and doesnt require a need for tells(or just basic knowledge of their game play). Sure they help, but they become less important then a cash game. ANy multi tabler tell you that roi drops off as you pick up tables. As you gain more tables your play becomes more and more ABC only.

The truth is 8 tables is very easy to do. My biggest problem was viewing. Once I got 2 monitors with all 8 tables in perfect view I was set.

It is not for everyone, but it is certainly attainable for the average winning player.

HoldingFolding
11-15-2004, 08:43 PM
I too thought it was very -EV. the first time I tried 2 tables I not only got a migraine, but also made errors that lost me both SnGs. Practice and timing now mean I play 8 tables - 2 early, mid & late stage SnGs and 2 early/mid stage MTTs. My RoI for the SnGs has not suffered, although it may be that my game has improved enough to negate the effects of the multi-tabling. Unfortunately, my number of MTT final tables wasn't and still isn't in a position to drop /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tubbyspencer
11-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I can play 33 tables at a time.

texasrattlers
11-15-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, my mother plays an ungodly amount of bingo cards at a time, but that is bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stupidsucker
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, my mother plays an ungodly amount of bingo cards at a time, but that is bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell ya the truth. I think playing 8 SnGs is very comparable to playing 8 Bingo cards. Both take about as much skill and resources (as far as making the play, not the payout) to make the decision.

Ryendal
11-15-2004, 09:53 PM
This thread is interesting since we should conclude that Poker Online is easy nowadays. It's possible to play well with automatic answers ...

But don't you think that in 2 or 3 years, with some new NL books,the average level increasing, it will become harder ?

ariesone
11-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the input. Well, most of it. I will accept I had it coming. If you all say 8 is easy. I accept that. But, I still say 12,16 and 20 is silly.

mason55
11-15-2004, 10:41 PM
There's plenty of help right now available to anyone who wants it. What makes you think that in the future people are going to search out the help any more than they do now or that there will be any fewer people who just want to GAMBLE! Maybe some of the highest limits will get tougher, but I think there will always be people who are willing to put in enough time to sit and read forums like 2+2 and have intelligent discussions and do the math that most people aren't willing to do.

apoca3k
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
ok i would believe people playing open cash tables like this and only playing super premium hands and folding everything else but i cant see anyone making a profit on 8 different tournament tables especially if you got heads up on one or more of them. Cash tables yes 10 man tourney tables not a chance.

chill888
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm outsourcing and moving to India.

I will have 10 - 30 employees all multitabling.

The computers will be in a big circle with the screens facing inward. I will walk around the circle consulting on any complex hands.

My employees will keep 10% of all winnings.

After a few successful months I will be hiring new "pit boss" center of the room experts to expand the operation.

If interested contact me,

gl

stupidsucker
11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm outsourcing and moving to India.

I will have 10 - 30 employees all multitabling.

The computers will be in a big circle with the screens facing inward. I will walk around the circle consulting on any complex hands.

My employees will keep 10% of all winnings.

After a few successful months I will be hiring new "pit boss" center of the room experts to expand the operation.

If interested contact me,

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like an idot for exposing myself this way, but I honestly gave this some thought before. Not to the extent of moving to india but..

Hmmmm I wonder if people would take $15/hour+ incentive bonuses to play, and would it be worth it. I could come up with a simple abc guide to follow that they can easily refer to. People get paid for following the guide not by their winning % . I seriously thought it through in detail.

My conclusion was that this was doable, but the idea was too ludicrous to really put into motion. My biggest fear was losing employees to fast because they want to go out on their own.

hehe throw in rake back for every account running too.

chill888
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like an idot for exposing myself this way, but I honestly gave this some thought before. Not to the extent of moving to india but..

Hmmmm I wonder if people would take $15/hour+ incentive bonuses to play, and would it be worth it. I could come up with a simple abc guide to follow that they can easily refer to. People get paid for following the guide not by their winning % . I seriously thought it through in detail.

My conclusion was that this was doable, but the idea was too ludicrous to really put into motion. My biggest fear was losing employees to fast because they want to go out on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm offended that you think I'm kidding /images/graemlins/wink.gif

chill888
11-16-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm offended that you think I'm kidding /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stupidsucker
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Im like > < to setting up shop tomorrow.

but

Im like >< to forgetting about the whole thing.

ugaistheteam
11-16-2004, 03:43 PM
im intrested in purchasing another monitor to play more games at once. Is there an adapter that i would need to purchase or would I need another complete comp with a router? Could use some advice here.

rjb03
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im intrested in purchasing another monitor to play more games at once. Is there an adapter that i would need to purchase or would I need another complete comp with a router? Could use some advice here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have a dual monitor video card, you can purchase a separate PCI video card and hook the new monitor into that.

ugaistheteam
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks very much...

stupidsucker
11-16-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have a dual monitor video card, you can purchase a separate PCI video card and hook the new monitor into that.

[/ QUOTE ]

this wont work for all computers/vid cards.

I tried it and it didnt work. You can buy a dual monitor card for about 70-80 bucks.
you will also need a small adapter for it.