PDA

View Full Version : JJ at Lucky Chances

Shillx
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I go down to Lucky Chances last night to meet up with a couple of 2+2ers. After a table change, we are all in a great game filled mostly with loose/passives, and I am sitting there playing like an idiot. I am way too tight, way too passive, way too tricky, semi-bluff raising people who will not fold, etc. My table image is clearly fishy at best.

The 2+2er in the hand is a fairly agressive, fairly tight, fairly straightforward player who has had a big run of great cards and also a ton of bad beats. No one at the table knows exactly the magnitude of his run of cards. The other players in the hand are fishy, like me. I hadn't raised a pot preflop in about 3 hours (limped with KK, checked AA in the BB, limped AKs, etc), but then I look down and see J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG+1.

The hand went something like this.

Lucky Chances 3/6 (9 Handed)
Button posts $3 BB.

UTG folds, I raise, 2+2er folds, 2+2er coldcalls, one more coldcall, button calls and BB calls.

Flop (~9 SB): 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)

BB checks, I bet, 2+2er raises, two fish coldcall, BB folds and I call.

Turn (~9BB): 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)

I check, 2+2er bets, only one fish calls and I fold.

How did I do?

Brad

private joker
11-15-2004, 08:17 PM
I think you might have played this too weakly. It's too early to put him on a set so clearly. If he had an overpair to your JJ, he'd have 3-bet preflop. I would have 3-bet this flop. If he caps it, then maybe you can put him on a set. On the turn, I'd have bet out again since you have an overpair to a ragged board. The 2+2er won't have a straight because he doesn't cold-call PF with 6-8 or 4-6 (likewise, he won't have 2 pair). He wouldn't have raised the flop with just a backdoor flush draw, so don't worry about the two clubs on board. I'd put him on overcards or 88 or TT maybe. But unless you 3-bet the flop, you won't know if he has a set.

SCfuji
11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
3- bet the flop

bet until the 2+2er wants to raise you.

edit: if raised on the turn, call down.

Shillx
11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
The 2+2er is not raising the flop to try and thin the field. Both he and I know that the others players will call any number of raises. He is making this raise to get money into the pot. There are no draws to raise here, and he is not raising overcards. Do you still call down?

Brad

scrub
11-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Let me know next time you guys go to play--I always like getting together with twoplustwo folks.

scrub

scrub
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Also, 3-bet the flop, bet the turn, and call down if you get raised somewhere.

scrub

Shillx
11-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Will do. Now that I know where LC is, I'm going to start going often. The other two 2+2ers are regulars there.

Brad

Yeknom58
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I would 3-bet the flop and my cards are not hitting the muck.

The pot is getting big ish and the 2+2er could be making this raise with a pretty wide range of hands hoping someone will fold especially you. He doesn't have to have a set!

jayrutz2
11-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey, I play mostly at Artichoke Joes. Let me know when the next field trip is!!!!

Ken

PS...reraise the flop, remember he's a 2+2 and could be on 2nd pair protecting or a draw, or my guess two suited overcards or A9s. If he 4 bets check call rest of way. If he calls lead the turn...AND EITHER WAY, I think you have to call the river!!!

Shillx
11-15-2004, 09:25 PM
I find that I am calling down too much when I am clearly or probably beat (as in this case). I thought he flopped a set, but also thought there was a chance he had AA-TT. Had the flop been 3 lower rags, I would have payed off.

Result Below:
<font color="white">The fish called down and got shown KK by the 2+2er. The fish didn't show. </font>

MoreWineII
11-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm shocked 2+2'er didn't 3-bet preflop with KK.

SCfuji
11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
yes i would call down, to be honest.

[ QUOTE ]
The 2+2er is not raising the flop to try and thin the field

[/ QUOTE ]

but he may think you are. it all depends on what you think he thinks you have. if you think he is raising you given that you have a very legitimate hand, folding is correct. good read, btw - most of the time i think i would be the sucker here and call down.

private joker
11-16-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm shocked 2+2'er didn't 3-bet preflop with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too; this was a significant error on his part. Fess up, bros -- who was it?!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sfer
11-16-2004, 01:00 AM
I played what I assume is a normal 3/6 game at LC with Bison, CDC and bakku over the summer (as well as 6/12) and there is absolutely zero need for deception in that game.