4 players left.

PlayerA = 1200
PlayerB = 1200
Hero = 1200
PlayerC = 4400

Blinds are 100/200
PlayerC (leader) is on button.
Folded to Hero in SB holding KJs.

Is this a strong enough hand to make a semi-steal against the leader for all of my chips, or should I continue to be patient and try to attack the other med stacks (or wait for them to make a mistake)?

rjb03
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4 players left.

PlayerA = 1200
PlayerB = 1200
Hero = 1200
PlayerC = 4400

Blinds are 100/200
PlayerC (leader) is on button.
Folded to Hero in SB holding KJs.

Is this a strong enough hand to make a semi-steal against the leader for all of my chips, or should I continue to be patient and try to attack the other med stacks (or wait for them to make a mistake)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If leader is on button and it's folded to the SB, leader already folded...

daboze
11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
right. I meant the leader is the BB. sorry.

betgo
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Yes. In fact, I would push with a lot less here. It's almost a good move with any two cards. There are 300 in blinds to pick up. You get 5-4 pot odds if called. The BB is not likely to have that big a hand. KJs is only a significant underdog to AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AJ, and KQ. There is about a 6% chance the BB has one of those hands.

texasrattlers
11-16-2004, 02:31 AM
I probably just complete the bet based on risk/reward. If you push and BB folds, you still are not helped all that much relative to the other short stacks (low reward). If called you could bust out on the bubble (high risk). A stronger hand could be pushed and you would hope for a call to separate yourself from the rest of the low stacks, but I do not feel comfortable doing that w/ KJ.

Just the way I currently see things.

Miscreant
11-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Easy push. You can't fold this with only four players left, you'll be blinded out quickly waiting for a better hand. Also, if you just call are you going to fold if BB then pushes? Your asking for him to do this with virtually any two cards knowing that you are trying to slide into the money and couldn't have a great hand if you only limped. This is also a hard hand to play out of position if he somehow checks and you miss the flop. Sure, aggressive bubble play will lead to more 4th place finishes, but it will also turn a lot of those 3rd's into 1st's.