PDA

View Full Version : Short odds...or not

08-16-2002, 07:28 PM
5/10 5 max Paradise.

UTG+1 open-raises. He's pretty tight, and reasonably straight forward. Button folds and SB coldcalls. SB is too loose preflop, but can be very tricky. He seems to be a bit tilting, but I'm not really sure about that (played more with him, but he seems more aggressive atm).

I call in the BB with Ah2h.

Flop comes JT2 rainbow with one heart.

We both check and UTG+1 bets. SB calls and I call.

Turn is the 4h

We both check again, UTG+1 bets and now SB check-raises. What would you do here?

I coldcalled, and UTG+1 calls.

River: 2

SB checks, I bet and only UTG+1 calls.

Comments?

Thanks

Regards

08-17-2002, 01:16 AM
You've got an easy turn call.

Small blind may have had a flush draw. He may also have had JT and thought he got counterfeited on the river by UTG+1's AA, KK, or QQ.

08-17-2002, 06:05 AM
This call might not be so easy as you sat. I get 1:3,75 on a call. But there are a few things to worry about.

First, UTG+1 could reraise, but that chance is not too big because he isnt really aggressive and doesnt push reasonable hands that hard.

Second, SB could very well make a move with a flushdraw as well, reducing my outs.

Third, if SB makes a move with a flushdraw I probably have only 1 BB implied odds.

Fourth, UTG+1 might very well have AJ, so my aces might not be outs.

So I have somewhere in between 7 and 13 outs. I need about 9 outs to win. Hmmmm....ok I agree with you that this was an easy call :-) (didnt analyse the hand when I posted it...was playing). It felt a lot closer though.

What do you think about preflop and flopplay. Standard?

Regards

08-17-2002, 07:37 AM
But there are a few things to worry about...UTG+1 could reraise..., SB could very well make a move with a flushdraw as well, reducing my outs...I probably have only 1 BB implied odds...UTG+1 might very well have AJ, so my aces might not be outs

I don't know why I've decided to make this point in your post. But, players worry far too much about how many outs they have.

You've got (1) the nut flush draw, (2) bottom pair, and (3)and overcard kicker. You always call turn bets/raises with this hand.

I'd definately call pre-flop. Your flop call is reasoanble if you think spiking an Ace will be good.