PDA

View Full Version : I'm the villain, he's the hero, who screwed up more?

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
In context, this hand sent our hero, chud575 off his rocker. Although about an orbit later this led him to tighten up like a clam until he'd decided he was either going to fold preflop until the end of his days, or leave. So he left.

I'm ErrantNight, the villain who made one questionable play (in my own mind) and would like to:

1) see if anyone can figure out what we had

and

2) determine if my line was ok, wrong, or correct

(probably hard to do 2 without giving you 1, but I'm feeling frisky)

I'm still new to the table... this is in my 1st orbit. However, I know BB to be a Fish (and here he is, struggling along with a bank of 6 BBs), and from limited experience with SB, they're a little tricky, but in a weak, fishy way. Tries to be fancy in all the wrong places.

Party 2/4 (10 handed)

Villain is MP3
Hero is MP1

UTG limps, folded to Hero who limps, MP2 folds, Villain limps, folded to SB who limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, Villain raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls, Villain calls

Was a bit disconcerted by this 3-bet... certainly wasn't expecting it. Was betting slightly for value into what I thought was a weak field, and as passive as they'd been also thought I could take one off on the turn if I so chose

Turn(8 1/2 BB): 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls, Villain calls

River(12 1/2 BB): A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Villain bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls

Result: Hero goes on a self-tilt enducing tirade about the skillz of the Villain, who amicably chats back, encouraging further tiltage. BB would stick around for approximately forever, going all the way about to about 34 bucks before losing it all. SB would still be there, trying desperately not to win any money, when I left the table.

StellarWind
11-16-2004, 12:55 AM
... you are the villain.

PT confirms that ******* is a real Party handle. Wasn't it sufficient to take his money and then bait him at the table? Must you bring him to 2+2 for further humiliation? Why didn't you just call him MP3 and leave it at that?

This is so wrong on so many levels.

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 12:58 AM
blech... editing out... i didn't mean to include name... was doing a bunch of things at once (including playing) when i posted this... sorry [named edited]!

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 12:59 AM
past acceptable edit time... sorry guy...

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 01:03 AM
how is "amicably chatting back" baiting, might i add to this 3-post bump of this thread? i should probably not have said anything, but it's not i like i rubbed it in his face, was coy or sarcastic, or otherwise mean to him. i chatted amicably.

SCfuji
11-16-2004, 01:12 AM
well if hero tilted, im giving him a good hand and he didnt protect it well. if you hit a runner runner flush or straight with KT good for you, but i fold that hand preflop.

Harv72b
11-16-2004, 04:28 AM
Villain shows Kh 4h for a flush, Ace high.
Hero shows Ax Kx for a pair of Aces.

If I'm right (and I think I am, at least on your hand), I think you took an aggressive but solid approach to this hand. If I'm right about Hero (a tougher read as he did nothing but call for the entire hand), he obviously misplayed his hand preflop, and probably should have raised the flop as well to try and knock out people like you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do I win anything? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 04:47 AM
neither. and it was a legitimate preflop play.

ErrantNight
11-16-2004, 04:48 AM
hero's hand is better
villain's hand is worse

i took an aggressive approach, although i'm not entirely certain it was solid... villain misplayed this egregiously