PDA

View Full Version : Problems Downloading Crypto Sites

Barry_G
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
I can't get any of the crypto sites to install on my computer. Get an error messag "failed to register UA!. Please contact software vendor."

Anyone have this before?

Soleo
11-16-2004, 05:35 AM
You should have Administrator rights in your XP when running Cryptologic software.

Baulucky
11-16-2004, 06:22 AM
How do you set this up?.

Soleo
11-17-2004, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you set this up?.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I am not native speaker. What 'set this up' means?

Baulucky
11-17-2004, 06:46 AM
What is the procedure to get administrator rights on the computer.

Soleo
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
When I purchased this computer and run it for 1st time it prompted me to create default user with Administrator rights. I also created several other restricted users for everyday usage later. 1st user which has admin rights may grant it to any other user through Control panel>Users. You may also run Crypto clients with Run As... command (right-click poker room in Programs and select Run as..., then enter admin user login/password to start the program with his credentials - this will work this way too). Ask someone who helped you to install your computer about admin name/password you should enter. In general this is considered risky to always work and be logged in as user with admin rights because any virus/trojan (if you somehow get it during current work session) will have too much power to install itself to system under admin credentials.
This all is about Windows XP/2K/NT (not 98).