PDA

View Full Version : Pre flop positional raising

Gazza
11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
One weak limper to you on the button. Assuming average blinds how bad a hand do you need to raise here?

I am struggling to maintain my standards. Recently I have begun to raise regularly with K9o, Q9s, A8o (I'm talking Party 10-20). I have also flirted with the idea of raising even weaker hands before common sense prevailed and I switched the mouse from raise to fold at the last moment.

But maybe it wouldn't be so bad to raise with other hands here. Nate mentioned in a post recently that raising any two first in from the button is only very slightly minus EV.
I am wondering how bad it would be to virtually ignore the weak limper and just go ahead and raise the blinds (with the usual range) as if he wasn't there?

Maybe I am just on my way to being a maniac. My Pfr has been getting higher and higher (over 16 now). Maybe I am one already.

Gazza

kiddo
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering how bad it would be to virtually ignore the weak limper and just go ahead and raise the blinds (with the usual range) as if he wasn't there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, I think position is worth a lot in SH holdem. And I think being the preflopraiser is worth a lot in SH.

I am not sure its ever good limping after 1 limper unless blinds are very loose. I mean: limping indicates a not so good player. I am limping but I would like to turn some of those limps into raises.

Maybe suited hands is still worth limping with because you want players if u hit a draw with something like T-high?

Raising K9o in this spot, yep, think its good. Maybe also J9s, Q9s, 98s, A5o and up, Axs, 55.