PDA

View Full Version : shorthanded over at pp

08-16-2002, 06:19 AM
button and sb are solid players. good tight aggressive types.

i am in the bb 3 handed i have kqunsuited button raises , and sb reraises, i cap it, 3 to see the flop with 6 bb. flop comes 10 2 4 rainbow, sb bets out, i call button raises, sb calls, my play?

and in the future what do i do?

08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
I would fold it up. Chances that your hand is dominated are too great to continue here. Shorthanded I would raise with KQo if I were first in and possibly re-raise to try to isolate a weaker player, but three betting or capping would be out of the question. But then again I'll fold up AQo against a tight/aggressive lineup for three bets and I'm not sure if that is too weak-tightish. It seems to me that you've been given the info you need. The button could just be attacking the blinds, but the SB's re-raise should set off warning bells. You describe them as tight/aggressive and fairly good. I wouldn't think that a player in that classification would raise with a hand worse than KQo. Were they straight forward in their play? I'm assuming that. If they're tricky tight/aggressive, then I have no idea where you stand in this hand.

08-16-2002, 11:58 AM