PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 10K event hand question

Daliman
11-15-2004, 06:58 PM
OK, a friend of mine just played this hand at the foxwoods event. Going off of his description of the hand, what are your actions, opinions?

P.S. I will give actual results of hand tomorrow.
P.P.S. This was also posted in MTT forum.

Daliman
11-16-2004, 12:36 PM
FWIW, I said fold, and put %'s about 40/10/50, (yeah, i know that wasn't an option. But i been doing alot of thinking about it, and it's MY post, dammit.)

Also FWIW, as many of you may have been able to tell, the flop was seen. My friend reraised allin, and was insta-called by KK, and lost.

My take is similar to most. JJ just too vulnerable here, and from UTG+1, it seems to me that athe raise to 8500 is all too callable. Only about 2/3rd pot raise. If that's me on the button, I know that UTG+1 HAS to be a strong raise, and put him anywhere from TT-AA and AQ-AKs, almost all hands that can stand a reraise under normal circumstances. I personally think the raise size speaks volumes. He WANTED a call. So I fold, not wanting to have a likely 45% minimum chance to bust out, with a just as likely 4-1 against. THe fact that I said he had been pushing some probably factored(as it should have), but vs UTG+1 with 20% of his stack raised in is not the standard variety spot for a move raise.

nolanfan34
11-16-2004, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think the raise size speaks volumes. He WANTED a call. So I fold, not wanting to have a likely 45% minimum chance to bust out, with a just as likely 4-1 against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said fold for the same reason. His bet pretty much indicates that he has a hand he's going to call a bet with if you re-raise all-in before the flop. What hands will he do that with that you're ahead of? Probably not a ton.

Tough hand to play, and especially hard on that flop, since you're pretty much hoping he has overcards there.