PDA

View Full Version : a bit dodgy looking

stripsqueez
11-15-2004, 06:46 PM
10/20 game - i havent been in the game long so i cant tell you much about these players - it would be fair to say the game is running a bit above average for loose and aggro - i get AsJs in the BB - UTG limps and the cutoff raises - i call as does UTG

flop is 7h 2s Qd - checked to the cutoff who bets - i call as does UTG - i dont think this is a routine call but this felt like the time and place

turn is Ks - checked to the cutoff who bets - i call and UTG folds

river is 7c and i bet out

how did i do ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Trix
11-15-2004, 07:13 PM
I think itīs good, but would you play anything else like that from the flop and on when there was a player behind you ?

girgy44
11-15-2004, 08:16 PM
I really don't understand why you made this play. If you thought he might be weak why not c/r the turn and lead the river. I can't see him being scared of the 2nd 7 enough to dump any pair. I guess you are hoping that he will have AJ or AT,9,8 suited?

Peter_rus
11-15-2004, 08:21 PM
If i went so far with my AJs i would check-call river actually, praying he able to check his medium pocket pair and bet only bluffs and K or Q. I don't think he can fold here anything that beating you until you have very passive image which i know you don't have.

Alobar
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I don't get it. What better hand is he folding? The only hand I can see him folding that you don't beat is AJ. Will a typical player bet the turn again with a small PP after he got 2 calls on the flop? Will he also now fold it on the river?

I like a turn c/r much better, you might "buy" some outs by an UTG fold and possibly fold a CO pocket pair.

stripsqueez
11-15-2004, 10:31 PM
i dont like raising the turn with such a big draw - if i get 3 bet its bad

i bet the river because he might fold a small pair - yes i think lots of guys bet a small pair on the turn - he might have had AJ - i was going to call down having got to the river

he had AcKc and i looked stupid

stripsqueez - chickenhawk