PDA

View Full Version : the crazy guy who went pro links

bonanz
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
sorry to be lame, but does anyone have a link to the website or the posts of that guy (i think from NC) who was trying to go pro but had a blackjack problem and i believe liked cocaine etc. and kept a log of it all. sorry if this is vague, but thats why i was having problems searching for it.

thanks

Popinjay
11-15-2004, 06:47 PM
if you change the NC to SWE i know someone who fits that bill

illunious
11-15-2004, 07:03 PM
this guy? (http://www.geocities.com/guysfromraleigh/)

bonanz
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
yep illunious thats the guy thanks!

poppin post a link to that guy you are talking about, i'm trying to round up crazy, misguided attempts at turning pro that are documented.

any others are appreciated.

Losing all
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
There was a blog link in the zoo 4-6 weeks ago, just what you're looking for. I can't remember who posted it or what the title was though. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

bonanz
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!

I found
this one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1062679&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

it was another good one, but its down /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Losing all
11-15-2004, 09:16 PM
yep, thats it.

The long and short of it- He went pro several months ago with, what to me sounded like very limited poker skills, decided to take shots at 15-30, lost all of his small 2-4 profits rather quickly, borrowed from friends and lost it quickly in live games, bills stacking up for months, didn't want to look for a job, tried making living on freerolls.

Pretty much in that order. This guy had very little clue, and I'd say 0% chance of making it. It was pretty sad to see him still holding on to the dream in the end with tons of late bills, and no roll. I hope dude sucked it up and got a job.

rdu $teve
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Uhh, do any of you know Martin? Since I do know him a little, I'll step in for his defense. Most of that blog is sarcasm; he didnt have a coke or blackjack problem, though I can see where some of his friends might have. Martin has gone back to school now; I have played against him since that blog went up. From what I know, he did not bust out and try to make a living playing freerolls or anything stupid like that; he was still a winning player when he decided to cut back.

BusterStacks
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh, do any of you know Martin? Since I do know him a little, I'll step in for his defense. Most of that blog is sarcasm; he didnt have a coke or blackjack problem, though I can see where some of his friends might have. Martin has gone back to school now; I have played against him since that blog went up. From what I know, he did not bust out and try to make a living playing freerolls or anything stupid like that; he was still a winning player when he decided to cut back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok, cuz at first he sounded like a bitter idiot.