PDA

View Full Version : Haters

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I was discussing with one of my co-workers about Bonds winning his 7th MVP award. My co-worker simply hates Bonds, for various reasons many of which have been discussed on here in great length /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, anyways, I tried to make the point that whether or not you like him, you cannot deny his greatness. He of course said steroids, hitters ballpark /images/graemlins/confused.gif, and various other items such as he isn't a winner, whatever.

We also talked about Clemens 7th Cy Young award, and I asked if he thinks Clemens is one, if not the best, right handed pitchers of all time. he replied, Clemens never carried a team, blah blah blah.

Anyways, I know my co-worker is an idiot, so please don't point it out, but I am just sick of people being absolute haters. They hate players and refuse to give them their dues. How can people possibly be like this?

nolanfan34
11-15-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hitters ballpark /images/graemlins/confused.gif,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your co-worker is an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, I know my co-worker is an idiot, so please don't point it out,

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help it, he's an idiot.

Anyway, not much to do about the haters out there. Usually they are people who aren't happy in their own life, and take pleasure in their hatred of others who do well.

Demana
11-15-2004, 05:42 PM
It's easy to be a hater.

You just have to be jealous, have that person beat you or your team, think that you could be as good as that person, etc.

eric5148
11-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Because these people care more about their personal lives than their performance on the field. They're not really interested in the game, they read mainstream media stories about the players, and form opinions based on what they hear.

Newspaper writers get paid to criticize.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Well, being an idiot doesn't neccesarily make him more of a hater. I explained to him that only one person besides Bonds has ever hit a ball in the water at PacBell park. But he doesn't listen, its this type of blind hatred that pisses me off. The total refusal to even listen to rational arguments. People simply just want to hate Bonds, and it doesn't matter what you say.

I must confess, I don't like Clemens at all, never have, never will, but I can atleast say that he is/was a excellent pitcher. I mean come on people!!!! Quit drinking the [censored] Hateraide!

Popinjay
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
isn't it pretty much fact that he used steroids? if so, why are his records not stricken from the book? that is like a baseball player having a secret bionic transplant to hit the ball perfect every time, it's cheating. cheating means not great, far from it.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't it pretty much fact that he used steroids?

[/ QUOTE ] No, but it looks really bad. I admit that it is possible he took roids. I am positive though that he took some supplements anyways. But to the point of my thread, it was never intended to be solely about Bonds haters, its just about haters in general.

Wake up CALL
11-15-2004, 06:08 PM
For either of you to take a baseball player that seriously is much more consequential than the question of whether or not your coworker is a hater.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For either of you to take a baseball player that seriously is much more consequential than the question of whether or not your coworker is a hater.

[/ QUOTE ]you are the rabid Bush supporter, so please, kindly stfu.

kyro
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
barry bonds is an [censored], a steroid user, and still one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

i've hated clemens ever since he tanked w/ith the sox and then all of a sudden became again, but denying that he is an incredibly good pitcher is ridiculous. Both should make it to the Hall.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
this is a great day Kyro, we came to an agreement.

I feel all warm inside.

A_C_Slater
11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
I hate haters too. I just hate them! When will they learn to stop hating?

astroglide
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
i got the fever
for the flavor of a
crowd pleaser

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate haters too. I just hate them! When will they learn to stop hating?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't hate them, I just find them very annoying. Its like being a racist, you know? That blind hatred is intollerable.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its like being a racist, you know? That blind hatred is intollerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stand it. People like that make my blood boil. I had an asian girlfriend for 3 years in high school, and the crap she would get really started to get to me.

I'm not with this girl anymore, but that experience really made racists unbearable to me. It's not like I approved of it before, but it hits home more when it's someone close to you.

My grandfather was a huge racist, and he did not approve of this girl. We never got along after that.

Sorry my post is off topic, but it was something worth mentioning (to me anyway). /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
A little of topic but it makes sense. I just don't follow the whole "I hate him/her/them no matter what" mentality. It seems just as dumb as those that practice it.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A little of topic but it makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that will probably be the only comment I make about racism on this forum. I see other threads that get started about it, and I know I'll lose my temper if I get involved in them. So that was my one shot at expressing my view on racism. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let the actual topic resume! /images/graemlins/spade.gif

kerssens
11-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Jay Buhner is a complete bastard.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jay Buhner is a complete bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]
see these are the morons I am talking about.

kerssens
11-15-2004, 10:19 PM
you say that but I think there's a part of you that would be disappointed if I didn't say it....I'm back

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
haha, cool. I know man, it wouldn't be a hater thread without your Buhners hating ass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

How was STL? [censored] hawks...... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

kerssens
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
that part sucked but they really do a good job tailgaiting there. There's an area kinda like Pioneer Square that's pretty cool...seems like everywhere sells dollar beers...saw a show at the Funny Bone that was pretty damn funny...definately easy to get drunk for cheap

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
thats because everything is cheap in that broke ass town. Its not Seattle. /images/graemlins/grin.gif