PDA

View Full Version : What's the defense against an Uber LAG Table?

DVC Calif
11-15-2004, 05:28 PM
I was playing a $30 MTT on Party this weekend and was doing pretty well the first two hours. Played Tight Aggessive ABC poker, open raised mostly Group 1 & 2 starting hands from late position and the occasional limp with some speculative hands. Built up a good stack that was 2x the average when the table broke and was sent to LAG city.

There was always 3-4 players in each hand. Every hand was open raised 3x BB. At showdown, typically 2-3 players showing a variety of poor hands. Q6o, 83o, any paint suited. But somehow, these guys were taking down pots by making two pair, sets trips with two from the board, flushes (just like low limit ring games).

I know that this should be TAG players heaven. Wait until you get your hand and then let these guys bet into you.

But what if you go card dead, which is what happended to me. I went about 6-7 orbits without getting a playeable hand. All rags, uncoordinated, unsuited. When I lost half my stack to blinds, I finally made a move with AJs in CO. I got called by AQo in BB with no help from the board.

This would be around the levels that everyone tigtens up and begins stealing blinds to survive. But not at this table. It was maniac plays left and right. I know if tried to bluff an all-in from late position, someone at the table would call.

I've already played too many hands to search back in the hand history to psot examples.

Has anyone here come across this type of table and found a good defense?

TIA, Steve

zaxx19
11-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I think you got it right, dont get involved with crap and make a stand with a good hand when your under blind pressure. If by plan, you mean some plan were even without cards you can beat bad players consistently nowone has come up with a plan like that.. in SUPERSYSTEM Brunson warns about getting too creative with donkeys(yes i said it) you just need to show them nuts usually and dont slowplay bc youll get paid.

Gamblor
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Don't you know jews are the sons of pigs and donkeys.

Ask Yasser.

Suha Almana

jd2b2006
11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
I thought you had the right idea, even though it sucks having to go through multiple orbits folding every hand and getting blinded off. I use to play a lot on Royal Vegas and a lot of LAGs played on there. I found the best way to go, if there were multiple LAGs, was to either wait to pick up a premium hand, limp with small and medium pocket pairs in hopes of hitting a set, or limp from late position with a drawing hand that hits. Either way, at a table of LAGs, you will get paid off. Hopefully, you are at a table where the LAGs are to your left, so at least you can pick up the blinds occasionally.

betgo
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
You just have to wait for a good hand like everyone said. Infortunately there is luck in poker, and sounds like you had bad luck not getting cards and have AJ run into AQ in late position.