PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 hand

DiceyPlay
11-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Oceans 11 4/8. I'm running bad and steaming a bit. I'm not mad and not tilting. I'm frustrated though as I had big hands snapped off by suckouts in big pots recently (I know it's expected and it's part of poker especially at low stakes, but it's frustrating nevertheless).

So I'm dealt red queens in utg+2. 2 limpers to me. I raise. Everyone folds to the button who calls. Big blid calls. Limpers call.

5 to the flop for 2 bets each.

Flop is 4 7 8 (two spades). Big blind check. First limper bets. Next limper calls. I raise. Button calls. Big Blind folds. First limper calls. Second limper re-raises. I call. The two opponents call.

4 to the turn with 10 big bets in the pot.

Tuwn is an off-suit 5.

Checked to 3 - bettor. He bets. I fold. Others call.

River is another off-suit 5. It's checked around.

How bad was my fold. Or was it bad at all?

Thanks,

-DP

RichHarden
11-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Good fold in my opinion. Generally these types of players will let you know when you're beat. Looks like at the very worst 2 pair.

By the river action it appears you may have had the best hand had you stayed, but I'm not sure you're good here enough times to put someone on 2 pair and hope to make a set or better 2 pair.

Rubeskies
11-15-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't like the fold at all.

He could be pumping is flush/str8/str8flush draw or possibly just have TPTK. Since you have no reads there is no way I am making this fold. Even if he has two pair you might have 8 outs to improve to trips or counterfeit his 2-pair by the river.

Would you fold getting 11:1 with a possibilty of having 8 outs? Because I sure wouldn't. You also might still be ahead.

PS your title is wrong

DiceyPlay
11-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Mr. 3-bet had 84o for a flopped 2 pair. I folded the winner. I know my steaming had a lot to do with the fold. I folded face up! I never even show my cards, much less fold face up. Sometimes it just gets so old having people look at you like you must be clueless <-- that being a result of NEVER showing your cards unless absolutely necessary.

Mr. 3-bet was the same guy who was a TOM and sucked out on my other Q's earlier when he had pocket 4's and the turn and river both came a 4.

I have to agree wth Rubeskies. I wasn't thinking straight. I was steaming. A possible 2-pair didn't occur to me (4 outs that didn't occur to me). And with the other players, I didn't think Qs was any good either.

I folded the winner /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

PS I corrected the title ... thanks.

-DP