PDA

View Full Version : 2001fp deal pixels...

BusterStacks
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
So one of my 2001fps has 2-3 dead pixels clumped together. Been like this since the day I got it. I'm pretty lazy though, so much so that I don't really want to take the time to send it back, much less deal with Dell's crappy custumer service (and I do use that term loosely). What do you guys think, would you send it back? If I had purchased it in a store, I would have taken it back the same day but I dunno. Also, is there a minimum required amount of dead pixels before they will replace it? I know that with most LCDs you buy at Circuit City, the manufacturer won't replace them with less than 8(!) dead ones.

astroglide
11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
with 30 days they will overnight you a replacement and pick up your existing one for free for of any amount of build dissatisfaction

BusterStacks
11-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Lol check this out:

Dell person (from India): How many dead pixels do you have?

Me: Um, looks like 4.

Dell: Okay well 4 is fine. If it were over 5...

Me: 4 is not fine, so either you can replace it or I'm going to return it.

Dell: Okay um... can you hold?

<holding>

Dell: Okay we are going to ship you a new monitor.

word... this rox. I like how they tell me 4 is fine, because at first I was pissed that my new piece of expensive equipment was damaged, but turns out it's fine. wtf haha

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Be happy you're not as lazy as I am. I'm too lazy to even call them. I have like 5 dead pixels. Oh well.

Blarg
11-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Believe it or not, some people have reported rubbing the screen gently with a soft cloth sometimes helps. You've got nothing to lose.